Is everyone writing to OFT (Office Of Fair Trading) to enable handover of priority complaints to FCA

storm01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies, posting as a general question to as many people as can see this. As the OFT is closing end of March and handing over to FCA, I am not sure on their deadline, but I gather they were collating a list of priority matters to deal with for the FCA to continue CCA based work.

I am very anxious that so many people here are dealing with similar bad behaviours from the leading debt collection agencies or purchasers, such as Statutory Demand, Bankruptcy, Court including in their absence, all the harassment cases etc.

I am also a victim.

I wondered if everyone felt the same, to make a last minute surge on complaints, obviously individuals have to do their own, but for example if a whole pile of letters/emails landed NOW on the same type of complaint re. the well known problematic DCAs then as a mass, they are likely to be passed on and may become the next priority.

Clearly some need licences revoked NOW as they seem to be getting heavier, especially on Statutory Demands and ARE using the bankruptcy route, but obviously any Court action that is being upheld by judges isn't good.

Not that anyone has to take notice of little me...but it is simply even an email, write a line saying you give permission for them to collate the info to assist in their investigations, they only reply to confirm, nothing else, but if you think about it, one trio debt collection company group has now been pulled up, so some of the others most definitely need to be.

Storm... Youve got it wrong... The OFT will remain...

The FSA are turning into the FCA ... Anyhow, the FCA are supposed to be better equipped to deal with regulation etc..

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hmmm.... now you see first of all, I thought yeah, it will be the same staff and change of name...then I read a few bits, still wasn't sure....then I had email/s and somewhere there was a previous invite for people to write in with their views and how they'd like things handled...obviously that deadline came and went, I would say. But it all looked like OFT was no more :-/ Thank you for that.

As part of the Government’s reforms to the arrangements for competition, consumer protection and consumer credit regulation, the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) closes on 31 March 2014, and its work and responsibilities pass to a number of different bodies. (OFT site) confused moi :)

http://www.fca.org.uk/about/what/championing/consumer-credit

My bad. The one i posted meant its CURRENT activities. The FCA does indeed take over from the OFT this year. Whether they have the balls to actually do anything remains to be seen.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Oh no worries, lol... also confusing statement above fkofilee?? ;-) Whatever anyway... my point was to prompt all to act ASAP... 'IF' people think it could be beneficial in volumes, when a new broom sweeps clean...haha, you are so right, I have doubts....but what else can they do with a massive pile of similar complaints....Bankruptcy use and charging orders to be ceased with immediate effect - would be a relief for many!

My bad. The one i posted meant its CURRENT activities. The FCA does indeed take over from the OFT this year. Whether they have the balls to actually do anything remains to be seen.

No matter what people think, the conduct of DCA's and creditors should ALWAYS be reported. Sadly too many people are complacent and think others will do it instead. We've seen it time and time again on CAG.

I know this as my petition (another post) is a little slow and people are already negative...yet if everyone signed, it stood a chance of maybe being heard, still never give up is a good motto.

Indeed I so wish everyone that complains on forums would spend five minutes complaining officially to OFT (will be FCA) and so on. I know you guys and gals keep advising others and have done for years...but come on people crunch time hey :D

AND just to reiterate, if done very swiftly like now, before the change....it is acceptable to simply email with name, address, brief complaint, that you wish so and so's license to be revoked for said reason (point out rules they have broken etc) state they can use the info and write signed...(name)....nobody has to send papers etc...if that is putting people off...the only reason I say before switchover is as we don't know what requirements could be brought in.

No matter what people think, the conduct of DCA's and creditors should ALWAYS be reported. Sadly too many people are complacent and think others will do it instead. We've seen it time and time again on CAG.