Severn trent CCJ because of my mum

flynnkev1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help re the below letter im sending to severn trent what would you advise is it ok?

I write with reference to the above case number, in which judgement has been awarded against me. I received your letter chasing up payment for this outstanding judgement yesterday. Please allow me to explain the facts which are as follows?

1)I was unaware that the bill was in my name

2)I never received any correspondence from the court informing me that a case was to be heard

3) I have never been given any of the outstanding bills

4);I was not resident at the property at the time of the judgement;

5) I have only returned to the family home in the last fortnight and can provide proof of my residency at my previous address.

My mother who has worked her entire adult life was struck with breast cancer approximately 2 years ago; she was diagnosed shortly after her sister was told that her cancer had come back and that it was terminal.

Following the death of her sister and her own treatment for the disease my mother had to stop working, and has not returned to work since.

As well as these problems my mother has also had to care for her sister’s grandchildren because her niece became an alcoholic following the death of her mother. Custody was awarded to her by the courts. As a family we have done our utmost to encourage our mother back into work. As a result of her not working she has fallen into arrears with a number of companies.

Like any family we have done our best to try and help her out of this situation both emotionally and also financially but we are only able to do so when we are aware of this problemAs a result of this I have only become aware of this judgement because I happened to be at the house when the post came.I am happy to make a payment for the outstanding in order to help my mother settle her debts but would request that you apply to the court to have this judgement set aside.

Edited by Conniff

It would be you that would need to apply to have the judgment set aside. However, your post is a little confusing.

I am not quite sure on what basis you would be able to do this. I will try and find someone who will be able to help.

Why was the account put in your name without your knowledge ?

If you havent already sent that letter, I would put it in the bin and wait further advice.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'm afraid that I doubt that they will take any notice. I think that you will have to apply for the setaside yourself. You have an excellent chance of success.

Your grounds for applying will be that you didn't receive the papers and that you have a good chance of success if you allowed to defend because you are not the account-holder.

Can you tell me how the bills have been paid in the past. Have they been paid from your mother's account - even though it was in your name? There must have been a direct debit.