CCJ Received today options ?

gord1963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all hopefully I can het some help or assistance - . I appreciate there is probably the answer somewhere here so if I can be redirected great.

I have today received a CCJ from the bulk centre in Northampton, The debt is for an old HSBC loan . It was dealt with by an old IVA in 2007 - but this failed in 2009 .

I am not disputing the debt - but have never been in a situation financially to deal with it. - Due to job loss etc etc .

I am still not as self employed now and earning pittance of old salary , Thd debt is for about 14K and was a balance of a 30K personal loan, - there was no PPI .

Any help / advice gratefully received

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If you could type out the date and particulars of claim (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the values up.I can probably guess the claimant is Lowell?

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi Andy

Thanks for replying .

Issue date is 17th Feb 2014

Claimant is MKDP LLP in Milton Keynes

Particulars of Claim

The claimant claims the sum of £14 000 being monies due from the defendant to HSBC Bank plc under a bank account facility regulated by the Consumer Credit Card Act 1974 and assigned to the claimant on 13th March 2013 . the defendants account number was ..................... \it was a term of the abnk account that any debit balance would be repayable in full on demand . The defendant has failed to make payment as required by the statuary default notice served by HSBC pl . The defendant claims the sum of £14 000 and costs . The claimant has complied as far as is necessary with the Pre Action Conduct Practise direction

So they are referring to it as a " Facility " not a loan...it would suggest that they think this is an Overdraft..Payments were made up until 2009 until the IVA failed.

To get the ball rolling i would request a copy of the agreement to this " facility "...template can be found in the Library...its important to head your request " I do not acknowledge any debt with your Company "

Also in the library you will find a request for CPR 31.14 this is a request for documents referred to within their particulars of claim.Use the one for loans and credit cards not overdrafts.

Facility agreement

Notice of Assignment

Default Notice.

If you can get those away today...recorded delivery or receipted at the very least.

With regards to the claim you have 33 days in total subject to how you wish to proceed.5 deemed served so 28 remaining if defending...14 to acknowledge service and a further 14 days to submit any defence.

You can do this on line using MCOL once you have registered to use the service...you will be provided with a username ...the password is already on the claim.

Regards

Andy

Just acknowledge and defend all.