Mortimer clarke & claimform for Egg Debt -***Settled by Consent/CCJ avoided***

jcoop66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just just check now that the court has sealed the consent and that the claim is stayed...then sit back and let them either approach you with view to settlement or if they wish to proceed.

You dont file a defence unless they lift the stay..then the claim proceeds.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...
Just just check now that the court has sealed the consent and that the claim is stayed...then sit back and let them either approach you with view to settlement or if they wish to proceed.

You dont file a defence unless they lift the stay..then the claim proceeds.

Andy

Thanks Andy.

It has been some time without hearing much, but to give n update:

The court returned the consent order as it wasn't signed by Mortimer Clarke. I sent a letter to Mortimer Clarke asking them to confirm that they are going to sign the consent order and send it to the court as they stated.

I have received a letter today from the court informing me that the deputy district judge has deferred the application. The deputy district judge has said that if we have come to an agreement then we should send a Tomlin order to the court, we haven't.

Is deferment a good thing?

I still haven't had any paperwork through to substantiate the claim. Oh and egg returned my CCA request saying the letter needed to be signed! They kept the fee though!

Deferred is merely delayed jcoop.....obviously the DJ is not happy with the Consent Order and would prefer a Tomlin Order....consult the claimant and agree same by way of a TO and ask if they would sign it this time.:roll:

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 1 month later...

I'm in a very similar position to this with the same mob and

the same story except I'm right at the start and just received the claim form

and don't want to start my own thread straight away as feel comfortable handling it.

What got me thinking with this though, is like mine,

the account is nearly SB and by you agreeing to the stay,

will that effectively override the SB?

i.e. SB will not count because the case has been stayed by the agreement of both parties?

My first thoughts with this mob were that tested the water with phishing letters

and people that ignored them got sent a claim

and they would be hoping people didn't respond so they got a judgement by default.

I now think that by staying the case's they will overcome the SB limitation.

What does everyone think?

I'll be keeping an eye out and watching for how your case progresses.

i'g be starting a new thread of your own

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i'g be starting a new thread of your own

dx

Why?

I've said I'm comfortable with my own case and

I'm not posting about my case and

think the question I have asked is very relevant to the original poster.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but merely offer a reason of why the claimant would be wanting to stay the case.

It may also be something that has been overlooked by the original poster and a bit like yourself I'm trying to help!!

The more minds the better!!

ok fine

wasn't sure

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What got me thinking with this though, is like mine, the account is nearly SB and by you agreeing to the stay, will that effectively override the SB?

i.e. SB will not count because the case has been stayed by the agreement of both parties?

The clock stopped on the issue of the claim...stays have no effect...it only restarts if they discontinue or its struck out.

Regards

Andy

The clock stopped on the issue of the claim...stays have no effect...it only restarts if they discontinue or its struck out.

Regards

Andy

So the claimant would benefit by the case not going ahead and it being stayed then? Because as you say the clock has stopped on SB and will not restart again until the case is discontinued or it's struck out. It will never become SB if the case continues to be stayed.

Whereas if the case continued and was then either struck out or discontinued the SB clock would continue and then become SB next year.

Correct or the case could continue and you lose and get a CCJ so think before striking out or pursuing statute barred.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Sorry for not keeping this up to date.

(I hated reading incomplete threads ).

to give you an update:

all the Subject access requests, CCA request etc as advised.

They missed the deadline and wanted a stay while they tried to get the paperwork together.

Foolishly I agreed to this, but I also sent an email to the courts saying that they had no paperwork at all.

The judge didn;t like the "stay" and wanted an agreement in writing.

I send a letter to the claimant offering a very small settlement (in the hundreds) if they just finish the case now.

I did remind them that they had no CCA and the debt was unenforcable in court.

Now,I know I took the cowards way out, but

since getting the claim letter my nerves have been shot to pieces.

I am borrowing the money and settling the claim at roughly 5% of the claim value.

Having said that, since I signed the new agreement (with the setllement figure)

Barclaycard have written to me confirming that no paperwork other than statements is able to be located by them

.Had I been courageous / angry enough I may have won the case.

However, if getting in debt has taught me anything it is to be sensible.

The judge may have been one of those that I read horror stories about that would not have listened to me,

and even though my case was strong I may have lost.

I would rather not take the risk and just cough up.

Oddly, I feel I have let down the people on this forum.

By paying a settlement I have provided funds for them to torture more people and to extort money from them.

Sorry about that folks, but I was in no position to be a hero.

Good luck to any that get the same treatment.

If you can stomach the fight I would love to hear how you get on.

Did you settle by consent then ? Did you avoid a CCJ?

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Did you settle by consent then ? Did you avoid a CCJ?

Regards

Andy

Yes. CCJ avoided. Just waiting for them to reply whether I pay the solicitor or the claimant. Will be payment by consent.