• Tweets

• Apparently some journalists have heard that Sunak may call an election next weekend or in the week following the bank holiday Monday. With the election to be held at the end of June. Rishi Sunak could call snap general election | Politics | News | Express.co.uk WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK Here's why the Prime Minister could announce a general election soon  
    • Found a BMA article related to this subject which I think the OP will find helpful. Patients recording consultations WWW.BMA.ORG.UK Our guidance answers if patients can record doctors without permission or covertly, how to respond when a patient asks to record their appointment and what to do if a covert recording is posted online.  
    • Ah - that was another thread that got merged back in 2018   That 'split' doesnt refer to this legal matter  
    • Thanks dx for your kind words. I plan to renew my season ticket and write a new begging letter as following, can I ask for any suggestion about it?   Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,   Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.   I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.   I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.   Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.   I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.   I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.    Yours sincerely,
    • You did what??? You asked them to send you the documents that without them you had  a 100% ironclad win in Court. Why on earth would you do that? As it happens in this case, there is still enough mistakes in their PCNs and the NTH to have your case cancelled. Amd it may be that not sending those documents in the first place along with the ICO complaint and the letters from Alliance themselves which would confirm by the dates on the letters may be enough to cancel it anyway. I hope you have kept their letters as evidence? The chances are that Alliance will not actually take you to Court because of their errors but you never know.  You have made so much extra work for yourself in your WS if they decide to push their luck.though. Can you please post up their letter where they give the reason why I wasn't sent with the NTH.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Wifes pregnant and we face reposession.

Browt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Basically I'm in a right mess.

I lost my job in 2012 and we got into arrears on our mortgage. The mortgage company took us to court and got a suspended repossession order and we agreed to pay back our arrears over monthly instalments. My wife went back to work as I couldn't find a job and we managed to maintain the payments.

In October my wife was signed off work for pregnancy problems and hasn't been able to go back to work. Thankfully we still managed to pay October and Novembers payment but missed Decembers. I however found a job which I started the beginning of this month and my wife's maternity leave kicked in so we will be getting an almost double payment this month and next month also.

The arrears on the mortgage are £2056.42. I spoke to the mortgage company and advised I can pay over £1000 plus this months payment this month and the rest next month (this will mean falling behind in our other payments but we need a house and can catch up on the other payments once this is sorted). They have advised they will not accept this and have already gone to the court to enforce eviction. There is no equity in the house.

My wife is due to have the baby at the end of next month, we also have 2 other small children.

I'm at my wits end, I have no idea what to do. My wifes blood pressure is already a big issue in this pregnancy and she can't stop crying, neither of us are sleeping and everything just seems so hopeless.

Please can somebody give me some advise on what to do next.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you had a hearing yet, so you can prove to the court you can afford and keep up the repayments? Unless you are refusing to pay the arrears, no court would likely kick you on the street. Especially when your wife is pregnant.

Others will chip in and offer their advice, but i would contact shelter and see what they advise. There is pretty much NOTHING they don't know.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi there, you can apply to the court on a N244 form to ask the judge to stop the eviction - now you have a job and can resume payments I can't see the judge giving the mortgage company possession.

Have a read of this guide here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325527-CAG-guide-Are-you-facing-eviction-or-repossession there are examples of how to fill in the N244 and write a statement to go with it. You can also download the N244 form and budget sheet (which you will have to submit with the N244) from the second post in that guide thread. We can help you with the form and statement.

Do you have a copy of your wife's medical certificate or can you get a letter from her doctor? Also do you have a letter about starting your new job from the employer ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Your employer should give you a letter stating your main terms and conditions of employment i.e. rate of pay, place of work etc etc - do you have nothing stating when you start work and how much you will be paid?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I have been given nothing from them yet. I will ask tomorrow for something.

Also do you know if there is a way I can do this without having to go to the court itself as I can't afford a day off work and don't really want to put it on my wife to do alone. Obviously if I need to have the day off I will.

I'm afraid one of you will most definitely have to attend as it's your application to the court to have the eviction stopped.

Who is the mortgage company ?

As you haven't actually got an eviction notice yet, it might be worth while sending them a letter describing your situation and telling them you intend to apply to the court for a hearing to stop the eviction - you never know, they might just accept your payment proposal and cancel the eviction - it's worth a try. Do you want me to draft a letter for you ?

The company is GE money.

The lady I spoke to today was most unhelpful, But if you could draft a letter that would be much appreciated. I have printed off the budget sheet and will sit down and go through it now. My only issue is that tax credits etc will be completely different after March but I don't know exact figures for them yet.

My wife has said that she will attend court alone if needs be but we/'re not sure who will look after our child. Do you know if there would be an issue if she has to take a 2 year old with her?

She can take the child with her - a lot of people have to take their children along. If you open the budget sheet on your computer you can fill it in and it will calculate as you go along, which means you can adjust figures. If you would like me to look over the budget sheet when you have completed it, I'm happy to do so.

How much are you able to pay towards the arrears each month and when would you be able to make the next payment ?

Hi, affixed is a draft letter - read it through and put your names where there are XXX's (remove the xxx's). Make sure you send by special delivery (costs £5 I think) so they have to sign for it - keep a copy of the letter for yourself, also ensure you have the correct department and address. Keep the postal receipt safe so you can check on the royalmail website a few days after posting to print off the signed for receipt - staple that receipt to your copy of the letter, we may need to use that if you need to go to a hearing.

She can take the child with her - a lot of people have to take their children along. If you open the budget sheet on your computer you can fill it in and it will calculate as you go along, which means you can adjust figures. If you would like me to look over the budget sheet when you have completed it, I'm happy to do so.

How much are you able to pay towards the arrears each month and when would you be able to make the next payment ?

Hi, Thank you for the letter I will get it posted special delivery tomorrow.

How do I attach my budget for you to go through please?

Thanks

Hi, you can email it to me at [email protected] (there is no space between the c and o, the site just shows it like that. Let me know when you have sent it so I can look out for it

OK, taking a look... I'll reply by email

AS well as Ell-enn its worth contacting shelter as well, they are totally awesome, and do allt he paperwork for you, but as previously stated, one or both of you needs to attend the court hearing.... the courts and judges, shelter and solicitors are all well aware of GE and the tactics they use...

good luck, the chances are you will get a letter from the court with a date for the eviction.....this seems to be GE's MO at the moment..

If you kick a Tiger in the Ass youbetter have a plan to deal with its teeth :madgrin:

Have you been to court yet to explain?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No the eviction notice has literally just come through the door. I'm waiting on a call back from Shelter but I'd like to get a court date sorted ASAP as the stress of this is really effecting my wife. :(

Did you send that letter off to them ? don't panic and submit a N244 to the court before we have sorted out a proper defence statement - you have plenty of time to get the application to court.

Give them till Monday to respond to your letter - we can then work on the N244 form and defence statement to go with it. I understand it's a very stressful time for you but it's important not to have a knee jerk reaction to the eviction notice - the date is 4 weeks away and you may be able to come to an agreement with GE before you have to apply to the court for a hearing.

You offered to make a payment at the end of January - you should definitely make the payment, this will help your case as it will show the judge you are committed to the offer you made.

Give them till Monday to respond to your letter - we can then work on the N244 form and defence statement to go with it. I understand it's a very stressful time for you but it's important not to have a knee jerk reaction to the eviction notice - the date is 4 weeks away and you may be able to come to an agreement with GE before you have to apply to the court for a hearing.

You offered to make a payment at the end of January - you should definitely make the payment, this will help your case as it will show the judge you are committed to the offer you made.

Thank you. I'm due to call them Tuesday to make the payment for the month so hopefully they'll give me something then.

OK, keep us informed :) Try to reassure your wife, I'm sure a judge wouldn't give possession of your home to GE when your arrears are not a great amount and you have new employment which will enable you to maintain payments.