British gas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, British gas are trying to rip us off . We gave them an actual meter reading and they sent us a bill saying that we owed £332 we then payed £150 off the bill,they then sent us an up to date bill saying that we owed £182 then 5 days after receiving this amended bill they sent us another bill saying that we owed £277. My partner then telephoned B G to ask why we had received a bill for £277 and even they couldn't explain why and said that they would find out why and ring us back. They didn't ring us back and so my partner called back again 2 days later only to be fobbed off again saying that, that's the amount we owe and no explanation. Can anyone advise on what to do next please ?

You are breaking the golden rule of CAG using the telephone

There is no proof of conversation

you are speaking to someone who does not care

Send them a letter marking it formal complaint

if they fail to sort it on to the energy ombudsman

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Thanks for your replies. Is there a complaints Address to send it to as sometimes there is more than one address for one company or is there an online

complaint system for BG .Regards Angnig

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I've complained to BG online and had about 3 phone calls and each time been told I owe different amounts so I said that want an explanation in writing of how much and a full breakdown of what I have paid and how much gas and electric myself and family have used .They have sent a letter explaining that there was two failed payments last year and that they have added them on to the latest bill .We are now awaiting our bank statements to see if this is the case.

Kind regards angnnig