esa carers

staceyrogers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi I get esa my daughter lives with me and she will be finishing college on may can my daughter claim carers allowance she does everthing for me I also get dla middle care and low mobility,can anyone tell me if I will lose any of my esa or dla money like my disability premium

As you receive DLA MRC she can claim Carer's Allowance for you if she cares for you 35 hours per week or more and earns less than £100 per week from any employment.

If your ESA includes a Severe Disability Premium then your entitlement to that would stop, although if your daughter is 18 or older and lives with you that would normally, in and of itself, disqualify you from the SDP.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

If you don't get the SDP then your ESA will continue as it is now. Your daughter could be entitled to Income Support as your carer, yes.I'm trying to work out what her possible entitlements would add up to, but I'm confusing myself with the figures. I'll have another go later.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

OK, my rough estimate here would be that she could get a combination of IS and CA totalling about £90 or so per week.

There's a carers premium within income support of around £30 a week or so.

Yes. My working was something like this:

CA = £60

IS (under 25 rate) = £56 + £34 Carer Premium = £90, subtract the CA to leave £30.

So £60 CA and £30 IS, very roughly.