Fake - Notice to appear in court email virus msgs

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received one of these in my spam folder this evening but googled it and decided it was probably best not to open it. It got deleted unread.

Have £20k+ in debt, seriously want to be debt free, currently in temporary accomodation and having business problems.

This is interesting, it has been suggested to me that a DCA maybe behind this, has anyone checked the the senders IP address?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

These are notices to appear in a court in various parts of the USA in January, nothing to do with a DCA at all. It is what is known as a 'botnet' message and will try to hook you up to a dodgy network for 'pay per click' and other software scams.

I never open anything with a zip attachment unless I have ordered anything as a zip attachment, and they go to a different email address.

This is a virus and you need to update your anti-virus software which will stop this.

Another virus doing the rounds is one which tacks a 'naughty' message with a link onto the end of your email downloads and that too will do a lot of damage in the future.

• dx100uk changed the title to Fake - Notice to appear in court email virus msgs