Touch Screen Nightmare Pavillion G6

susijan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last December I purchased an HP Pavillion G6-2240 ea laptop from PC World.

This had Touchscreen capability.

My son and my sister were with me and we all saw it demonstrated.

They paid for it as a present to me.

I collected the laptop a few days later and was given instructions on how to use the touch screen.

About 8 weeks ago the touch screen stopped working.

I contacted the Knowhow Team and was told that this model did NOT have Touchscreen.

The Technician just didn't believe me.

I felt very silly, and insisted it was on the laptop when I bought it.

He advised me to take it back to the store in Fulham where it was purchased.

Here I was told the same thing.

I was advised to save all my files on a USB stick and put it back to factory reset.

I have done this but to no avail.

Someone somewhere at PC World must know what has happened.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Can anyone help me.

My guarantee runs out on Dec 8th and before I renew,

I want this mystery solved!

This laptop was bought because it was a touchscreen.

Oh and surprise surprise,

I am told this model is now discontinued.

Your guarantee lasts a few years under SOGA. THe warranty you were tricked into buying is in ADDITION to your statutory rights.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Are you sure that you are quoting the correct model, and if so, are you sure it has touchscreen?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

2240? with a touch screen - not as far as I know

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your reply renegadeimp.

On the actual laptop there is a sticker E2 VISION AMD. The Box has Pavillion g6 - 2240ea. I did question Pc World if it was in the correct box but was assured by them it was that model. Yes it did have a touchscreen

have you got the lappy still?

give us the details of the hp label & model number on the bottom.

there were 'odd ball' issues within each series under the EU or EA suffix

like the TA1138ea that was touchscreen foldable tablet

that was on vista x64

and only worked as a touchscreen on vista x64

on win 7 it don't work!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Forget the box. They could have thrown it in a random one. Im thinking you may have to do a dxdiag, or something similar, so we can see if the specs match up.

The specification of the model you have quoted DOES NOT have a touchscreen. Can you use if to connect to the HP website, and run the utility availale there that identifies the correct model number for you laptop.

if you go to this URL http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/drivers.html there is a link on the screen "Detect my Model", press the "Find Now" button, and let the website identify your model number. You need to install some software from HP for this to work properly, agree to the software installation. When you have found the correct model number then use the HP website to check the product specification

E2 VISION AMD. certainly gave touch capability and would be silly to install that without the lappy having a touchscreen.

dx

and they

As a first post I will make this informative as possible,

The laptop you purchased is NOT and was NEVER a touchscreen, the tutorial service you would have received is based on your machine and your machine only which the touchpad on 'said' laptop would have multi touch gestures and able you to use Windows 8 in a different fashion, you have no right under SOGA as the machine is now nearly 12 months old and you have failed to recognise the machine you have purchased is actually one you probably now know you didn't want and are attempting to change this case.

Fact or Fiction?

I can only try to help

yes I thought about the muti function touchpad aspect too.

but why fit ane2 vision chip in a lappy without a touchscreen rather a waste?

I think the OP has the model number wrong

and needs to quote the HP label on the bottom.

dx

and they

E2 vision chip with a touch screen would be a nightmare, A4 is currently the lowest chipset they use for 'mainstream' touchscreen laptops and have done for considerable time, if you custom built it (AKA not PC World) I don't think its even possible.

A range is for high spec and touch, E range is for basic home user.

, (Bar one acer desktop on an E1 that got recalled)

before you go blaming the user - who i am sure if he was using touch screen for a while would have noticed that it wasnt working

double check the laptop it has been known for things to be in the wrong box

the model number on the latest hps is under the battery if the battery is removable

if its non-removable battery then it should be on the sticker with two barcodes

if its anything like some of the acer touchscreens then its quite possible for the touchscreen control board on the top of the lcd to become unplugged through general use, some of the acer ones are tightly cabled and slide loose

Edited by labrat

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

The last reply was not meant for you labrat. it was to the person who accused me of trying to get a new laptop and that I was not genuine

Edited by susijan
I had put the wrong name on it

Thanks to everyone who has given me positive feedback. I have looked under the battery as suggested, and found the following references:

Product No.: C4M13EA#ABU

Model:g6-2240

Does this mean anything to anyone?

and they

Hi porkyp1G,.

I really can't understand it either. I feel helpless about the situation. The touchscreen, definitely worked, I was given instruction on this laptop at the store. I just cannot make sense of it. Since I have restored it to factory setting I have lost Windows Office. It was installed by PCW. I have the key but when I enter it for a restore, I am told the registration is not eligble. Going back again to the store to day, to see if the can reload Windows. Many Thanks Susijan

One question. Have YOU ever used the touchscreen on the laptop while you were at home?