Have I been changed from ESA WRAG to support group?

UK7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Late last year I was placed in the ESA WRAG group after I went to appeal and I was recommended not to be reviewed for 1 year.

One year later I received a new ESA50 form, I filled it in and sent it off. My mental health has deteriorated since I filled in the last ESA50 in 2012. I put in all my symptoms and problems and included psychiatrists, doctors etc details to be contacted at the end of the form.

Two weeks ago I received a random letter informing me they were going to pay an additional £43 in respect of my ESA claim into my bank with no reason why. I ignored it thinking it would be some winter payment allowance or something. Yesterday I received my ESAin my bank but it was £230 something instead of my usual £193 (after deductions).

Have I been moved from WRAG to Support Group? I'm confused. I've been worrying that I will be forced onto JSA for weeks now but this is strange - it is weekend now so I can't call them

No - it just gave the last digits of my account number and sort code with the amount of £43. ESA is listed at the top but nothing else.

I had my usual fortnightly ESA payment yesterday but it was exactly £43 extra also. :???:

:UK7:

Have you been awarded employment n support with the support component:?: Looks like it. :-)

Difference between work related activity component (£28.45) and support component (£34.80) is £6.35 per week.

Enhanced disability premium paid automatically with an income related award of the support component is £15.15 per week.

£6.35 + £15.15 = £21.50 per week x 2 = £43.00 every two weeks.

You can check the figures at;

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dwp035.pdf

Your award letter:?: Finding that could take a bit longer:roll:

Best wishes, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

:UK7:

Have you been awarded employment n support with the support component:?: Looks like it. :-)

Difference between work related activity component (£28.45) and support component (£34.80) is £6.35 per week.

Enhanced disability premium paid automatically with an income related award of the support component is £15.15 per week.

£6.35 + £15.15 = £21.50 per week x 2 = £43.00 every two weeks.

You can check the figures at;

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dwp035.pdf

Your award letter:?: Finding that could take a bit longer:roll:

Best wishes, Margaret.

Many thanks for that Margret.

Out of interest....what is enhanced disability premium and how do you qualify? Does everyone in support group get that?

Thanks again

Many thanks for that Margret.

Out of interest....what is enhanced disability premium and how do you qualify? Does everyone in support group get that?

Thanks again

Yes, everyone in the SG (and who has an income related award of ESA) gets the Enhanced Disability Premium. It's also paid to those in the WRAG or assessment phase if they have an IR award of ESA and are in receipt of DLA Higher Rate Care.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Yes, everyone in the SG (and who has an income related award of ESA) gets the Enhanced Disability Premium. It's also paid to those in the WRAG or assessment phase if they have an IR award of ESA and are in receipt of DLA Higher Rate Care.

Thanks for the reply antone.

I guess that as I have never received DLA then the last part in the quote does not apply to me and that it is safe to say that I have been moved from WRAG to support group?

Thanks for all the help. I just wish that the DWP / ATOS was as helpful and sent me the correct paper work rather than making this a guess game.

Thanks all x

To be fair to the DWP, they do send out a lot of letters and they don't all arrive at the same time. If you've progressed to the Support Group you'll get confirmation in writing at some point. But, to be absolutely sure, give them a ring on Monday. Sounds promising.