lexxity v's HSBC

lexxity
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having read all the advice and step by step guides my preliminary request letter will be in the post tomorrow. I have included my schedule of charges and await a response.

I calculate they owe me £1200! That's just on my account! I have another account already with another bank. If this is succesful I will go for the charges on the joint account too!

Lexxity.

why not combine them? hsbc tend to close your account if you claim a second time. what do you mean if this is successful -it will be !!:D

The other account hasall the big bills and DD's go out of it, which means that we need to move it all first. We are off on holiday in just over a week, so it is the first thing we are going to do when we get back. In for a penny, in for a lot of pounds.:D:p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It always amazes me that they dont bother to reply and offer the payment instead of costing themselves more money because of the 8% court interest.

Go for it, just make absolutely sure that you are happy with the court forms and how to fill them out before you go ahead.

Shout if you need any help :)

PLEASE READ THE FAQ's

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I finally have a letter from HSBC, offering me £960 in full and final settlement, and as I have said before, the actual figure is nearer £2000.

The other thing is I have already gone ahead and issued a court summons because I had not heard from them.

What happens now? Do I hang on for a court ruling? I feel a bit lost now, having come so far I'm a bit stuck now.

The letter from HSBC was only recieved today, 14th December, but dated the 11th.

My second letter went to them on 15th November.

I have turned down their offer and told them that proceedings had already begun.

IIRC they acknowledged, online, on the 12th. (There or there abouts) will I get a paper one to my home address too?

Sorry have just realised you have been discussing for 2 months! Didnt mean to jump in but is this usual re my query below..Hsbc have never replied to any of my requests for statements so I just sent the spreadsheet and 2nd letter.

Hi lexxity,

Yes, you should receive this in paper form too. I would suggest that you send your schedule of charges to DG Solicitors as soon as you receive the acknowledgement in paper form (hopefully should speed them up abit). When you get it, look for what name is given under defendants details and address it to them. Mine didn't have a name just 'DG Solicitors' so that's who I addressed it to. I'd also suggest to send it recorded delivery.

Mine was acknowledged on the 8th!! Not much difference.

Good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Schedule of charges off to DG tomorrow, still no acknowledgement for the 2nd claim. (Quelle Suprise!)

I am hoping to have this one settled by the end of this week. Then that's my September holiday paid for. I should have a little left over too.:p