• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

MBNA CCA has PPI on it. want to reclaim it - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I would like you to help me with this situation

where my joint loan agrrement from MBNA in year 2001 was given to me with PPI included in it.

when I asked for CCA they sent me copy of the contract

then I realised there is PPI in it.

When I asked from DCA DLC to provide me with the t & C of this PPI

they told me I have to contact original creditor

(But DLC had forbidden me to contact original creditor through a letter in 2002).

My question is

as PPI is part of CCA of this loan,

can this whole agreement be considered as 'disputed' until PPI issue is not resolved?

Please respond ASAP.

I have to reply to DLA who are pressurising me now to pay the debt.

If there is any template letter to write to MBNA on the basis of above ino.

please let me have it and a template letter to SHUT UP DLC.

Waiting to hear from you.

Thank you very much for all your help in the past, present and future...:-)

Before we get into the PPI side of things, this seems like it could be an old debt.

Can you tell us what has been happening as far as payments are concerned? Have you been paying something towards this debt?

Can you give us a time-line of events ....when did the DCA get involved and what has happened since?

Thank you very much for prompt response.

I took joint loan in 2001 from MBNA.

DLC got involved in 2003.

I was paying a nominal amount towards this debt (original £3000)

now left (£1500) out of this balance £650 is PPI.

Since past three months I am paying them £1 only

in the meantime asked for CCA which they provided

a loan agreement which include 'prescribed terms'

as far as agreement itself is concerend it has no issues only there is PPI

which I want to know now can this point will make agreement 'disputed' and unenforceable?

DLC in their recent letter told me they are not obliged to provide me t&cs of PPI.

While I have told them since, PPI is integral part of loan agreement

so they provide me all the documents mentioned in CCA.

I hope this info will help you to help me now!

Ok thank you.

So you did not know that PPI had been added to this loan? if that is the case then it was mis-sold and you can reclaim it together with interest.

Although the PPI claim will not put the account into dispute as such, it is worth going for because with interest it will make an even bigger dent in the amount you owe.

Also the PPI will not make the agreement unenforceable.

DLC are correct in that they do not need to provide the T&Cs of the PPI policy and for a reclaim you don't really need them.

So down to business to work out, if we can, what you are due back.

Have you got a record of all payments made on this account (or the account statements) for the period before it was terminated by the original creditor? If you have then we can give you a spreadsheet which will help you with the calculations.

Also, pop along to the fos website here and download a copy of the consumer questionnaire and complete it

Then come back here and we can move to the next step.

Is this not true if PPI is integral part of contract still contract will not be termed as 'disputed' or 'unenforceable'?

PPI is calculated in same contract and t&c describe PPI in case if there is refund it will be paid in to loan payment etc.

Secondly, as you have said contract will not become enforceable or disputed in thhis case shall I continue to pay DLC monthly payments?

I would bet the PPI will be shown as a separate item on the loan agreement so it has been declared properly on the documentation.

The PPI reclaim in itself does not put the account into dispute.

Can you post up a copy of the agreement please but remove any personal identifiers first. You can use this method....

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use http://www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAGicon in the title

i'e Default notice DDicon-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

If DLC are only acting as agents for MBNA then you should make your payments to MBNA.

Hi I have uploaded copy of contract. Clearly in the contract total loan value issued includes PPI in it. PPI is not separate from loan. So My argument is if a part of contract(PPI) is in dispute whole contract will be disputed. What is your view?

and continue to pay my debt DLC because they are the agents for main creditor - correct.

So, contarct is enforceable?

And if part of a contarct is wrongly executed as clearly is the case, it would not effect the credibility of whole contract?

Please reply with some logic and reason.

If insurance money is a loan, as is the case then which agreement execute this loan? If it is the same agreement then dispute of insurance premium loan will not make whole contract disputed? Its common sense and logical - think.

No, the PPI will not make the whole agreement disputed.

As I have said, the route you should be taking is a mis-selling claim (if indeed the insurance was mis-sold) and get that money back.

That would put you back in the position you would have been in had the insurance not been added to the account in the first place.

You will not win with an argument that the whole agreement is unenforceable due to the insurance being added to it.

• 1 month later...

Hi, This is about my SAR request which I sent to MBNA.

I need your help with regard to my request for Data Protection act 1998 request (SAR).

I sent this request to MBNA one month ago after having a copy of my loan agreement.

In the agreement I noticed I was charged PPI worth of £700.

This was clearly mis-soled as per PPI terms and conditions which I checked through various source because I was doing work as a self-employed job.

Now current situation is

the balance of loan is £1500 of which £700 is for PPI (this PPI is actually part of actual loan and added in the amount of total repayable loan on the contract).

In order to confirm that what the MBNA side of story about this issue is I sent them a Data Protection request,

in response to my request first they accepted £10 fee and withdraw it from my account and now

I received a letter with their own £10 cheque (refunded fee) to me and telling me this I quote:

"UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE UNABLE TO MATCH THE DETAILS IN YOUR LETTER WITH THE DETAILS WITH THE DETAILS WE HOLD ONOUR SYSTEMS FOR THIS ACCOUNT.

aS RESONABLE LENDER WE NEED TO VERIFY YOUR DETAILS WITH YOU BEFORE WE CAN COMPLY WITH YOUR INFORMATION REQUEST.

IN ORDER FOR US TO DO THIS, WE WOULD BE GREATFUL IF YOU COULD WRITE TO THE SECTION 78 TEAM AT OUR CUSTOMER ADVOCATES OFFICE

USING THE ADDRESS BELOW TO ADVISE US OF ANY PREVIOUS NAMES OR ADDRESSES YOU MAY HAVE HELD DURING THE LIFE OF YOUR ACCOUNT

AND YOUR DATE OF BIRTH IF YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED ALREADY"

From the wordage quoted above, I don't understand why they are asking this now.

They provided me for my CCA request a copy of loan contract, without asking any personal details, on this my name and address is there.

Their DCA (DLC) was collecting money on their behalf all these years (since year 2001)

now suddenly they want to get all my personal info again!!

WHY?

Please guide me on this very issue so that I can deal with them rationally.

If I have to write to them, is there a particular template letter which fits for my purpose.

I feel there is something fishy all about this.

Thanking you in anticipation for your help.

Best wishes

Edited by aqa

Hi

Something odd about this. They are prepared to deduct the fee from your bank account yet won't supply the data about your accounts.

Confused? You betcha!

Having said that, IF there is a discrepancy with the details provided then they have a duty to request further data.

If you have provided them all they need already then this could be a delaying tactic although they had no issue with me getting data for a third party.

Have you moved house? Do they have your D.O.B wrong? Has your signature changed?

Far too many variables really so all I suggest is that you send as much info as you can lay your hands on (copies)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have already been dealing with their agent DLC for these years

now sudenly they are asking me my personal details again.

If I gave them they will refresh all their records but the question is why DLC and MBNA were taking monthly instalments from me all these years.

Secondly, they provided me on request loan agreement on which my details are there.

During this loan life I changed my address twice and twice they were told otherwise how can they contact me if they had not been informed about all this.

Only one thing which I remember is I had a letter from DLC in year 2001 when I was restarined to contact MBNA

and was told to do any business in relation to this loan through DLC only.

This is why I sent my first DCA request to DLC as they had said they hold ALL the information about this account

but in reponse to my request they only sent me what they hold only few statements of payemts

and told me to write for DCA to MBNA.

DC took £10 fee and upplied me incomplete info,

this is I am disputing with them now to refnd me my money.

When I reminded them about their instructions , not to contact MBNA they said well we don't hold all data.

I know this account can't be disputed due to the fact they have a valid CCA

but I read in a barister's blog accounts can become disputed besides many other reason one of them was miss sold PPI.

What shall I do now? I

am paying them £1 per month as a token instalment unlee PPI issue is not resolved.

Do you have any further instructions?

What if I write to them with my name and current address which obviously I am doing for past couple of months

and remind them why they sent me a loan agreement copy if they were not sure of my identity?

Please help further. Many thanks.

The issue with many institutions is that they are bound by the data protection act so they can't tell you what they need. Until you supply, they will withhold.

You could try a Formal Complaint but that just slows the process down even more.

I'm sure others will have better ideas than me so hold fire

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

How much are you paying the DCA. When you get the sar you will also need to check for unlawful charges you may find they owe you money, personally I would stop paying until you have all information as you may be getting cash cowed. But that's up to you see what others say.

Thank you for your helpful replies.

Silverfox. I am not withholding anyinfo its them doing this. Question is if they were not sure about my identity why they positvely repond to my CCA request? I know this is prob with many such institutes but in my case at one time they take me as me and on other time they are saying I shall confirm my DOB and other details? Have they not smelt a claim for PPI is coming against them (I have told them this in the past) and they are delaying as you siad earlier?

Filrobo I am paying £1/month.

A CCA request is entirely separate from a SAR, if there are previous addresses and or new addresses that a creditor has not been aware of then it is correct for them to seek confirmation that they have the correct data subject.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

if you want the info to get the PPI done

i'd comply with what they want simple.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...