Lift and Glow - avoid - iwhere is my money!!

Lopey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Almost immediately after ordering the free samples of the Lift and Glow products I realised it was a [problem] and intend to return the products that arrived yesterday.

However, none of the phone numbers I can find associated with them work - someone answers but they cannot hear me.

Please can you give me the phone number you used when you spoke to someone and the address of their offices.

Many thanks

hi same thing has just happened to me was checking my bank only to find out they have taken money have contacted my bank they are very helpful but sadly cant do much until it shows up on my account. what they need to know is does the payments each month come of around the same day as they can stop further payments so please can someone tell me if the dates were the same and does anyone have a phone number as the one i have cant get to talk to someone canny belive i have been conned this way and i cant find an address for them any help would be great

Edited by susanne42

The number I rang was 0808 189 0973. It appeared that number transferred to USA. Whenever I tried to explain why I didn't want anymore product and in fact I wanted a refund they claimed there was a technical issue and couldn't do anything. Ring back in a couple of hours which I did with same response. I sent them a recorded delivery letter saying I didn't want anything else and I wanted a refund and I have just noticed that they have taken some more money out. I am just contacting my bank. They are crooks!
I cant even get through on that number thought it was a abroad number by the ring tone in contact with my bank to stop further payments lots of people have been conned what address did u use so i can send my product back and do u have an email address as im having no luck there either

Stop screwing around calling them and DEMAND your bank perform a chargeback. They dont need to wait for it to clear. THey can put a block on the transaction instantly.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

i found this number but not open at mo not sure if it helps but its 08081787320 wont know until i ring on monday and the 1 addresses i found are lift and glow, active crest ltd, unit 1, 27 actimar road, london, sw6 4ur was told to send to this address recorded letters so u can prove they have got the letters as my bank told me to do and to send back the product have been trying to contact them also on email [email protected] my bank also told me to print of the email for my records and to show to bank and to keep my phone records to prove tht i have rang them and to take photocopies of the letters i send them, my bank have had dealings from other customers about this company doing the same things to them so at least i know that they know that lift and glow are like x

my bank told me as its in a holding area theres nothing they can do until it shows up on my account which will be on monday then i do a dispute from what i had read about chargeback what happened to us does not apply on this case

Name and shame your bank. They are 100% wrong.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Yep. Santander are VERY well known for ignoring the law and regulation. You need to get full complaints in to the bank, Oft and FCA.

What shoudl happen is the bank, when they follow the law, will issue a block on the payment. This means it will be placed back in your account. An investigation will be done. if its found in your favour, nothing happens and you keep the money. If found in the other parties favour, the transaction will resume.

Get it in writing to the head office if they refuse to cooperate. Then get the complaint to the OFT and FCA as well. If you must speak on the phone, record the call and ask for a senior manager. Not a desk jockey.

Refer to my previous replies

You might want to point out to your bank that this company is receiving quite a lot of complaints and even give them a link to this thread !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

i have told my bank that she knew of them already said had alot of complaints from people just wait till it shows up on my account as there were **** and didnt stop payment as i have already sent them a payment of £1.99 and i signed the term and conditions i didnt think it was already done for me live and learn shame as i have now had to cancel all my direct debits and im now overdrawn one good thing they said i wont get bank charges hopefully as that will be a fortune no doubt as i would of been 5 days overdrawn

I never came across this 14 days either. My first payment was taken at 13 days! I have just phoned the number quoted in the above threads 0808 1787320 and was informed that they don't have any record of my email address on their system and then started to say that they don't do a product called Lift and Glow and I should try and find the correct number and ring that. My bank, Lloyds, is pretty useless. As this is an American company, or so it seems, I am tempted to send a letter to the American Embassy and try and cause a stink that way. Has anyone else tried that route?

ring this number i got through on this 0808 189 0973

i rang citizens advice today and under the consumer proction distance selling i can send it back the product as i havent used it but as they didnt send a letter with there terms and conditions and there cancellations details there in the wrong basically guy said its against the law not to do that. and the 14 days is from when u get the product not what there trying to say its from the day i ordered it to

whats the cpa

found out what it meant lol i rang lift and glow and they have offered to cut the price in half which im still not happy with have sent it back to them so still trying to get a full refund but dont think im going to get anywhere with them

I wish you well. When I spoke to the company they told me they were in the USA which may make the Small Claims Court difficult. As the boast a UK address it may be possible although I send a recorded delivery letter to them telling them that their product wasn't wanted and demanded a refund. All that happened was that they quickly took 2 more payments off my card. I have only ever had the 2 trial samples which have cost me £350!

been in cntact with my bank once more to explain tht my subscription has now been cancelled with lift and glow and if they take anymore payments from me that is fraud as i have the email to say its been stopped and my bank told me that i am not on a cpa payment with them but i will watch this closely to make sure no more money is leaving my bank. still having to wait until the money comes out before they do anything about chargeback so keeping to the rules they have not good x