SD from lowells etc - old halifax card, terminated before DN expiry - help

Indebt1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

if it was the real agreement i think halifax would of tryed to get a CCJ on me ..wether i have any assets ,a home or not by now!! by them passing from 1 DCA to another shows they dont want to chance there luck in court..i would quite gladly pay them what i could afford if they could prove that the CCa they sent was enforcable..I even asked them if i could view the original at my local branch..surprize surprize they didnt answer

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are breathing down my back now, i am 3 months late!

do i tell them that the CCA looked doctored to me and refuse to pay or do i negotiate with them based on financial hardships and get them to freeze intrest and pay a small amount monthly?

what to do?

Hey Indebt

I am still waiting for advice on how to challenge mine.

If i didndt need to consider my credit record short term I would have stopped my payments like you. Would i offer them anything ? No!

As i said when i get the advice i will post it on here for you.

F

The Story So Far...

Barclaycard - Fingers Vs Barclaycard

Egg - Egg Credit Card CCA Agreement - help

Halifax - Halifax Credit card CCA

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

MBNA-CCA received, challening

Virgin - Virgin Card CCA May 2006 - Help Required

OH Barccard - 2 s78 letters, on 2nd cpr

Yes and I would write to them as you need to keep the audit trail going.

As for the content of the letter babydoll has given a number of the key points...i havent challenged them yet by letter ..i will ..but i am getting legal opinion first. I will of course update.

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

Hey

Yes you would state the account remains in dispute and you would challenge them on all the key points that render your credit agreement improperly executed.

As I said I am having mine looked at shortly to get legal opinion on it..the process has been somewhat annoyingly delayed but when I get the opinion on mine I will of course let you know.

Fingers

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

nice hbos story in press today to keep our spirits up !!!!

Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell, who plays Kevin Webster in the TV soap, has helped a Wetherby man to successfully get £15,000 of credit card debt written off.

AE1.gif

Le Vell, a director of claims management company Ratio Money, attended Leeds County Court with a leading QC to support a self-employed 60-year old man in his long-running dispute with Bank of Scotland.

Mitchell originally had a judgement against him after delaying payments to his credit card while he waited for the bank to supply specific information.

Le Vell says: “This is another victory for the consumer. “Although Bank of Scotland gave up its fight and agreed to write off his debt, amazingly they refused to pay his costs.

“However, as a final blow to the lender, Judge Langan ruled that the bank needed to pay all the costs in full and said that the bank didn’t fight the case because it feared highlighting failings and opening the floodgates to further claims.”

Ratio Money successfully highlighted that the man's credit card application didn’t contain the prescribed terms and conditions – and therefore didn’t comply with the Consumer Credit Act.

Bank of Scotland argued that the terms and conditions had been given as a separate document when he applied for the card at the Wetherby branch of Halifax, but he denies ever receiving them. However, under the law, a credit agreement is only binding if it is a single document that has been signed by both parties and contains all the prescribed terms.

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

Hey Fingers

They had a QC a major advantage when walking into court.

I reall need to write to halifax as the pressure is really on now the only question is how do i word it?

Hey guys this t and c's are copied and pasted i'm disgusted by you? i want to come and view the real one?

its driving me crazy now.

have recieved letter stating someone is coming tommorow from collections, anyone have any direction for me?

do i write a new letter stating that i am disputing this cca and request to view the original?

With reference to the doorstep collector type up and send this letter to the Halifax.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-.html

Then type another copy and keep it by the front door ready to give to the 'Visitor' whilst saying.. "This account is in dispute" just before you slam the door in his face. :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Can you give a bit more info on what the letter says. Who is coming and what are they hoping to get from you?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hiya,

Is it worth asking Halifax to view and inspect your agreement at your local branch as you're not completely convinced by what they've sent you. It's your agreement so you have a right to see it!

If they've got nothing to hide why would they refuse? ;)

They obviously have it avilable as they've sent you a copy.

Just a thought.

Spam. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HI Spam

thanks for that.

the note says as follows:

Important notice, our representative will be calling at your home on the 16th June if this is not convenient pls call 0845.......

thats it.

is there any1 here that can look at the cca to see if its enforcable although i will be very suprised if not, i would assume that there copy and paste dept got it right.

Do i need to write them a letter stating that the account is in dispute due to the fact that the cca does not look genuine and i would like to inspect at a local branch?

if they ignore or refuse what next?

Hi,

With regards to phoning Halifax, so far they have always been reasonable with me and I've not had any visits but then I haven't challenged them yet.. It's on my to do list :p.

Perhaps explain that you are not happy with what you have received and the account will be in dispute until you are allowed to inspect the original.

I really would try and see if you could view the original agreement if only to put your mind at rest that it's 'kosher'

I don't know enough about whether it's enforceable or not cause I've yet to see one that I've requested .I know there are those that can on this forum but it's a matter of catching them online. :)

I will keep an eye out and try and point them in your direction.

Spam.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi indebt1

Spamalot asked whether the agrement in posts 28 and 29 is enforceable. One page has your signature and the other has the prescribed terms. To be enforceable, both need to be in the same document.

I believe if it came before a court, the court would decide whether the two pages belong to the same document on a balance of probabilities argument. You need to convince yourself and then come up with a reasonable argument as to why they cannot be part of the same document for it to be unenforceable.

To me, they seem to be different sizes of paper - the bit with the siganture is obviously A4 but the other bit seems more square, possibly folded in 3.

Edited by steven4064
  • Haha 1

Hi Indebt,

I think the only other option is this,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/195898-cpr-strategy-important-success.html

But I stand to be corrected. ;)

How did the doorstep visit go?

I just discovered a small discussion that went on in my link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/204302-spam-getting-grips-halifax-2.html#post2229821

In my abscence last night but unfortunately it wasn't conclusive!

Edited by Spamalot
Adding Info

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HI Spam

No note in the door, i was at work all day so maybe yes maybe not:).

For the CPR strategy do i start paying them again in the meantime?

or do i get them to freeze interest and reduce payments on my account based on financials and then persue this strategy?

"claim has been brought against you and the other side have pleaded that there was an agreement then you can ask for it under 31.14 and dont forget the right to inspection AT the premises of the creditor,"

is this really within your rights and at what point can this be requested?

were can i find this out? i mean if this was legal fact i could dispute the account untill i can view this at their premises?

HI Spam

No note in the door, i was at work all day so maybe yes maybe not:).

For the CPR strategy do i start paying them again in the meantime?

or do i get them to freeze interest and reduce payments on my account based on financials and then persue this strategy?

For peace of mind you may wish to do this...

send them an I&E budget sheet and in the meantime carry on with your quest for the original CA... It might buy you some time and keep them off your back while you sort things out.

It depends how strongly you feel about things. ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]