Lowells 2007 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all, my mother just received a letter from the Lowells group. It is requesting payment of a debt apparently owed to 02(UK). My mother has no recollection of this and it dates back to Aug 2007. Lowells say they have been sold the account by 02(UK)

As my mother lives in Scotland,will this debt,if indeed hers, be statute barred? I believe in Scotland it is 5 years but I am unsure. I have looked in the forum here for a statute barred template but can't seem to find one, any help appreciated,thnx

Definitley statute barred. Send the SB letter and proceed to have a nice long laugh at them.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387368-Letter-to-be-sent-when-debt-is-Statute-Barred

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ok, is the debt showing on Credit Reference Files?

Do you mean the account was opened in 2007 or is this when it was defaulted and sold.

The Limitation in Scotland is 5 years no payment or written acknowledgment, the debt is also extinguished.

You can send the following to Lowell just fill in the details.

Private & Confidential

Ms Sarah de Tute

Director of Legal & Compliance

Lowell Group

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Date:................:

Ref: use theirs:

Dear Ms de Tute,

I refer to a letter from Lowell dated xx.xx.xxxx, in regard to an alleged debt for £xxx.xx originating from an account with O2 (uk).

Please note I do not acknowledge any debt to any company of the Lowell Group.

Having researched my credit history I have concluded that any such alleged debt is statute barred, as I am resident in Scotland the limitation period is 5 years and this alleged debt is now extinguished.

Lowell will now cease to process all data relating to me and will remove it from its records.

Lowell will confirm in writing that it has complied with these requirement and has closed the file on this matter.

Use recorded signed for post and check delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: