How to Cancel Bannatynes membership.

kpops
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

can anyone tell me how i go about cancelling bannatynes membership.

who do i email or write to, i was given an email address which is for my gym, or they said i could either write a letter and bring it to them, i thought maybe i had to write to head office or email head office.

Dont really trust those workers at the gym might not do what they say they will. Or am i doomed and have to go through the gym im joined too.

Im aware of the 9 month thing and will have to still pay for another 3 months and by reading some posts. I actually wanna get the letter in before the end of the 9 month cause i read a post where he was told he didnt give them a full 30 days notice, some weird thing like that. :madgrin:

Hi Kpops and welcome to CAG

Your post was hidden for some reason which is why you may not have been able to find it. Site Gremlins perhaps. :???:

Despite what the gym or the head office staff may tell you, you can cancel a gym membership or give notice to do so, by email, by letter, in person or by phone. This was part of a High Court ruling made in 2011.

If it was me, I would write a letter giving them notice to cancel at the end of your 12 month agreement. If possible, do this in month 9 so you are giving them the 3 months notice that they like to have.

The letter needs nothing fancy and no reasons for the ending of the agreement. Just confirm the date the m/ship will end and confirm the DD mandate will be cancelled after the last payment is made on xxdate.

I would print 2 copies of the letter. One to give to them and the other to be signed by a staff member on the desk confirming receipt by the gym. Make a space for them to sign, print their name and date the receipt letter.

Let us know how they respond.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick132

thanks for reply my post actually went into pending mode it said had to be approved first so i was just checking it every now and again when it got posted.

Yeah bookmarking my thread will update if i cancel ok or if i in deed continue

i actually just need to cancel membership for one person as im paying for 6 people, so i hope they cancel one and not all lol.