Diners club can anyone shed any light?

summer30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had CCJ issued with diners club 4 years ago, it was being delt with by Solex.

Suddenly this month the payment got returned. Contacted Solex and was told that Diners had closed all their accounts and wouldn't be pursuing us for the debt, and that they should have written to us re this.

Which they havent.

This seems awfully strange, surely they wouldnt just stop regular payments?

Does anyone know anything about what might be going on with Diners? I think they are Citibank..... Any info appreciated.

Ooer, yes very odd. If this is a County Court Judgement you will definitely require some kind of written release from the debt. I will ask someone to look in on you. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It is a first for me as well !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Here you go :)

http://www.solexlegalservices.com/ Thats the Solicitors ........cant find anything on the demise of the Card

http://www.citibank.com/greece/consumer/en/cards/diners/dinersclub.htm Still taking applications in Greece.

I personally would do nothing ...retain that letter from Solex...and just wait until anyone else approaches re the CCJ

BCOBS

I believe Diners Club entered into a 'partnership' with Barclaycard around May this year.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Diners Club UK franchise was purchased from Citicards by Affiniture Cards Ltd (Diners Club Int po box 3776, Chester CH1 9YD) about 18 mths ago, Data Controller, Affiniture Cards Ltd, International House, Kingsfield Court, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9 RF, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that they ceased trading in mid August which may help towards an explanation (but unfortuanately can remember where)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Thanks both of you, CitizenB do you have a link to the thread that quote comes from? had a search but cant find it

Oh, do you mean andyorch's quote ? No, you will not be able to access the original post as that was given privately.

BCOBS

May 2013 was the date of the partnership with Barclays, personally I would write requiring a full explanation of that e-mail, use recorded / signed for post.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Barclays partnership with Diners Inc was just to facilitate payment processing for Diners Inc (a US Co) overseas customers, Diners UK franchise and card issue as per post no8

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.