Unfair Admin charges and renewal fees!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for reading this thread! We was just hoping to get some advise, maybe some thoughts on the following.

We lived in rental property for 5 years. The property is managed by the agency on behalf of a landlord. We moved out 3 weeks ago.

Had all the check outs done, property was left in a very good condition, inventory was completed, with no complaints from the land lord was happy with everything.

This morning we received a letter form the letting agent that they are going to deduct 962£ from our deposit (full deposit amount is 1200£) in admin fees!

It does state in our contract, that we have to pay "the contribution" towards “check out” fees, which is 80 £ + VAT, rip off,but we was aware of it and prepared to pay.

So in this credit note they sent us, agency included 80£ + VAT, two late payments fees 30+30(which we are fine with), and what really shocked us is the renewal fees for the 5 years of tenancy, apparently we had to pay them at the end of each year contract!

We have been receiving renewal contracts every year, it was a standard letter, saying that tenancy agreement due to expire, sign the contract and send it back, not once they attached the invoice or reminder to pay 50£ renewal fees, not once in 5 year time!

So they claim we owe them

80£ + VAT

60£ + VAT

50£ X 5 =250 + VAT

332£ + VAT is for admin charge for non payment received for27 month!!!!!

Plus on top of that is a 83£ fee for handling the issue!

It does not say anything in our contract that we had to pay 50£ renewal fees.

When I contacted the agency, they said the sum of 50 was mentioned in guide notes for tenants, which we signed before paying the deposit,

they sent me a copy with the small print actually saying that.

Predominantly,we were relying on the contract plus not once they reminded us to pay 50 quid, it just all added up(!), obviously agency done bad admin and trying to dip their hands into our deposit!

We are a good tenants and was late with the rent twice( only few days my mistake), never gave any hassle! And would have paid 50£ every year no probs.

We have no idea if we stand a chance!

Edited by Haaga

Thank you for reading this thread! We was just hoping to get some advise, maybe some thoughts on the following.

We lived in rental property for 5 years. The property is managed by the agency on behalf of a landlord. We moved out 3 weeks ago.

Had all the check outs done, property was left in a very good condition, inventory was completed, with no complaints from the land lord was happy with everything.

This morning we received a letter form the letting agent that they are going to deduct 962£ from our deposit (full deposit amount is 1200£) in admin fees!

It does state in our contract, that we have to pay "the contribution" towards “check out” fees, which is 80 £ + VAT, rip off,but we was aware of it and prepared to pay.

So in this credit note they sent us, agency included 80£ + VAT, two late payments fees 30+30(which we are fine with), and what really shocked us is the renewal fees for the 5 years of tenancy, apparently we had to pay them at the end of each year contract!

We have been receiving renewal contracts every year, it was a standard letter, saying that tenancy agreement due to expire, sign the contract and send it back, not once they attached the invoice or reminder to pay 50£ renewal fees, not once in 5 year time!

So they claim we owe them

80£ + VAT

60£ + VAT

50£ X 5 =250 + VAT

332£ + VAT is for admin charge for non payment received for27 month!!!!!

Plus on top of that is a 83£ fee for handling the issue!

It does not say anything in our contract that we had to pay 50£ renewal fees.

When I contacted the agency, they said the sum of 50 was mentioned in guide notes for tenants, which we signed before paying the deposit,

they sent me a copy with the small print actually saying that.

Predominantly,we were relying on the contract plus not once they reminded us to pay 50 quid, it just all added up(!), obviously agency done bad admin and trying to dip their hands into our deposit!

We are a good tenants and was late with the rent twice( only few days my mistake), never gave any hassle! And would have paid 50£ every year no probs.

We have no idea if we stand a chance!

Are you not happy then with the replies you had on LLz to same subject http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?57560-Unfair-Admin-charges-and-renewal-fees!&p=458379

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Are you not happy then with the replies you had on LLz to same subject

I was perfectly happy indeed. Thank you for pointing that out. However, If you haven't noticed I have not got any reply to that thread all day, that's why posted in a different place, where I was kindly helped.

LL or agent are not allowed to make any deductions from your deposit; except for outstanding rent or defects. ( cannot deduct fees of any sort ).

Was deposit protected? inform scheme of your dispute and go from there or take LL to court for return of deposit and let a judge decide whats fair.