mawrey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i sent my letter asking for it back to my local branch, ive not had any response other than a letter of acknowledgement, it is coming up to the fourteen days, do i send my next letter to my local branch also?

can i just ask someone (anyone!) to help me out, i want to be prepared but i'm getting so confused! i've sent my preliminary letter the fourteen days is nearly up so do i now send my letter before action? and then after fourteen days do i then do the moneyclaim thing? could anyone give me a link that outlines the steps i should follow? ive tried the FAQ but still confused

Halifax claim £2152 (LBA sent 4th Oct 06)

Halifax Money Claim entered 17th Oct

Halifax acknowledged on 18th Oct

Halifax make full offer 28th Oct.

Lloyds Claim request statements on the 5th October:D

thanks for that. I have recieved a very prompt reply offering me a refund of £480 as full and final settlement, do i write and accept but only as partial refund? and also is there a template for a letter regarding this? or should i ring them up? can anyone tell me what they have responded with at this stage?

Can anyone please adivse me! i am preparing my MCOL, in my LBA i stated i would be claiming interest back, i thought it would be easy to work out...! if i use the 'simple' spreadsheet do i just type in what was taken, the date etc and then will the spreadsheet automatically work out the interest? do i then just send it off? i'm so confused im tempted to just claim for the charges instead. Ive read the FAQs and vampiress info, im worried because im feeling like i don't know what im doing, this interest stuff is confusing me!

Hi,

Im guessing u found the template letter for the settlement rejection. I have posted it anyway just in case anyone else reading this needs it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

I hope it helps.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Guest bluecloud
Can anyone please adivse me! i am preparing my MCOL, in my LBA i stated i would be claiming interest back, i thought it would be easy to work out...! if i use the 'simple' spreadsheet do i just type in what was taken, the date etc and then will the spreadsheet automatically work out the interest? do i then just send it off? i'm so confused im tempted to just claim for the charges instead. Ive read the FAQs and vampiress info, im worried because im feeling like i don't know what im doing, this interest stuff is confusing me!

There is a little confusion when it comes to interest.

There is the interest that was taken from your account as part of the bank charges and the interest that can be claimed under s.69 of the the County Courts Act.

The interest taken from your account is a git to work out and requires lots of work so you need to balance if the extra few quid is worth it. In my case (only £1113 over the six years) it wasn't worth it for me as I was never beyond my overdraft limit for very long.

The interest claimed under s.69 is yours by way of statute. This is the 8% that the simple spreadsheet calculates for you.

Don't forget that the appropriate fee charged by the Courts EXCLUDES the s.69 interest, so if you're close to the £5000 small claims "limit" then don't worry about the interest taking you over.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the replies, to clarify, am i right in thinking that there are two types of interest? one being the interest charged as part of the bank charge, the other being what you are entitled to claim the s69 thing? so if i just wanted to claim the s69(?) interest i would simply use the simple charges spreadsheet, put in the charge, amount and date, and then it calculates the 8% interest? is that all i need to do?

is it that clear cut?

by the way the bank charges amount to 2,708.00

ive just gone through all the charges on the simple spreadsheet, ive just totalled up the whole list of charges again and calculated the interest, which comes to £430.87 over the last six years, the total charges came to £2,730.50, which is £22.50 more than it came to before as i have overlooked a charge, i want to ask does my 8% interest amount seem ok, have i done it right? and also what should i do now that i have included the charge i'd forgotten to mention before? does it matter as the amount i am now requesting is more than the original figure i told them? sorry for being a pain!!

The 8% figure seems perfectly feasible, but it's impossible to say definitively, since it depends on the number and amount of charges and when they date from. A claim of say £800 dating from 6 years ago is likely to attract more interest than £1200 of charges in the last 2 years or so.

Good idea. This is the stage where it's worth double-checking everything to make sure you get it right first time. It'll make your claim go much more smoothly.

More and more people are filing incorrect claims because they're rushing it, making silly mistakes and not bothering to research first or ask when they're in doubt about something. They then have to go through the whole rigamarole of amending their claim.

just wanted to ask, i calculated my 8% interest by using the spreadsheets, as i have had an overdraft with the account, does it change anything? am i still ok to just charge the 8% do i have to do anything else? ive just been reading some threads and im getting more confused

I have this still to come but I would ask yourself how many hours have you devoted to it this evening without a break. If it were me I would have an early night and come back refreshed to it tomorrow. Sounds like you are doing all right though.

hiya, ive been slogging away for hours but i work shifts and just have to do it when i can!! one more question for tonight, ive been looking at the MCOL again, calculated my daily rate using the formula total amount charged x 0.00022 and it comes up with 0.60236...?? is that 60p? i feel like a right idiot! thanks again for everyone who has helped me xx

hi, just thought i'd let you know exactly whereabouts i am, i sent the preliminary letter on the 12th oct. the LBA on the 26th and ude to do the mcol on the 9th...i have had a goodwill offer of £480...which i accepted as partial settlement..which has since not materialised! just preparing to do the MCOL, this site has been a godsend! have many people had their accounts closed?

forgot to say the amount requested is £3,169.35

hi, just been back on the mcol, im due to complete it on thursday 9th, am trying to fill bits in before then and save it, im having a problem however as this keeps coming up

WARNING: Claim Particulars: This information is required and must be no more than 24 lines or 1080 characters. The following characters cannot be used & "

Don't think im using any or & or " so im not sure whats going on!

spacer.gif

one further question, i'll try not to ask again for at least another 30minutes! i'm due to file my mcol on thursday, but as im at work that day (from 7.30am til 21.30!) and the court doesnt serve for five days from when you apply can i do it today??