Scottish Power Meter - Query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Scottish Power Smart Meter went defective in April of this year. It is dead, showing 'No Load' on the LCD screen, and it is not advancing. I have contacted SP on 3 occasions since then via their online contact procedure, and meter readers have duly turned up three times at my house between April and August to read the meter, and confirm that it is no longer functioning. Each one has said SP will be in touch regarding repair/replacement of this meter. Needless to say, I've heard nothing from them.

As I'm on Fixed Price Energy February 2016, I dutifully report the readings each month, and as yet nobody at SP has either noticed or seems to be bothered about this meter, despite an electronic trail of emails to/from them about it.

Are they not duty-bound to do something about faulty equipment, or are they content to let the matter ride, and hit me with an estimated bill when it suits them? Meanwhile, they continue to draw £45 by Direct Debit each month. I get the distinct impression that it's financially worth their while not to install a new meter.

Thoughts anyone?:confused:

the meter could possible be still communicating with SP despite the fault on the display, hence them not following this up. I would write to their complaints address highlighting the above.

Thanks, nottslad, I think the meter is still communicating with SP, the only problem is that it's not advancing, and despite telling them, they just can't seem to understand what's going on. It's as though they don't understand plain English. I just get the stock robotic answer by email from them - "We'll send a meter reader" each time I've informed them. Then nothing.

I'll see if I can find out who the head honcho at their Customer Services is. I've given up on their online contact procedure.