• Tweets

• quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
    • You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though. A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees. https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Terminal cancer support please

Nystagmite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh.

Diagnosed in May 2012 with Arachnoid cysts and was told they don't know the prognosis and I was discharged.

Went to GP about in July 2012 about headaches and was told to drink more.

Went to the opticians in July and explained that part of the reason for my visit was because I was constantly getting headaches. The optician told me that he doesn't think it's eyesight related, gave me new glasses and told me to visit my GP.

Did that was told by the GP it's tension headaches, he doesn't think it's to do with AC and told me to just take paracetamol and ibuprofen.

I know my headaches are sometimes eye strain; but these aren't. And it's always the same place. (above my right eye, which has much less vision in than the left)

I don't want to be in the situation where I'm constantly having to visit my GP and begging for him to do something. :( There was talk of neurology referral and beta blockers too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2198751/Arachnoid-Cyst-Schoolboy-Laughlan-Dougall-undergone-40-operations-cure-year-headache.html

How very odd - someone sent me this link a few days ago regarding Arachnoid cysts.

Could you not pester your GP to refer you back to the Consultant who diagnosed your condition in 2012 !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Citizen B is correct in all but one point don't pester DEMAND referral to a neurosurgeon, show the your GP that article you should not have to suffer!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Argh.

Diagnosed in May 2012 with Arachnoid cysts and was told they don't know the prognosis and I was discharged.

Went to GP about in July 2012 about headaches and was told to drink more.

Went to the opticians in July and explained that part of the reason for my visit was because I was constantly getting headaches. The optician told me that he doesn't think it's eyesight related, gave me new glasses and told me to visit my GP.

Did that was told by the GP it's tension headaches, he doesn't think it's to do with AC and told me to just take paracetamol and ibuprofen.

I know my headaches are sometimes eye strain; but these aren't. And it's always the same place. (above my right eye, which has much less vision in than the left)

I don't want to be in the situation where I'm constantly having to visit my GP and begging for him to do something. :( There was talk of neurology referral and beta blockers too.

How was you diagnosed, because the only way i know of is by M.R.I. If that as not been done you are being fobbed off mate.

did they they tell you where the cysts are located because they can give different symptoms depending on location.

Edited by mr_mastiff
want more info

Thanks. It was by MRI. I had an MRI for something else, they saw something that shouldn't be there, couldn't work out what it was, gave me another MRI, ignored the original issue and gave me the AC diagnosis.

I can't remember where they said they were located. But he (GP) said it's not where I'm experiencing headaches.

I have been trying to find out the recommended review times for AC. In America its at least once a year minimum but I cannot find anything concerning the U.K at the moment I have tried N.I.C.E but can only find guidelines for procedures. I will keep digging and see what I can dig up

Thanks. It was by MRI. I had an MRI for something else, they saw something that shouldn't be there, couldn't work out what it was, gave me another MRI, ignored the original issue and gave me the AC diagnosis.

I can't remember where they said they were located. But he (GP) said it's not where I'm experiencing headaches.

Have the headaches been increasing in intensity or duration if they have then the GP should refer you

They do keep increasing. GP did seem to imply that the referral would be the last resort. I've seen that consultant before and I thought he was awful. :(

I am sorry but you must insist. Everything I have read indicates that it may not be due to AC, However even if it only a small chance that it is, it must be eliminated. Both for your safety and peace of mind. There is also the option of asking for a second opinion if you are unhappy with your consultant. That is your legal right.

Nystagmite, Hi I been looking around and there is not a great deal out there for you. There are no support groups that I can find in the U.K. Nearly all of the material out there relates to children. I have found a few support sites around the world which I have enclosed below which could be of interest to you. There appears to be a world wide problem with getting doctors to listen to you.

arachnoidcysts.org/mission.php

groups.yahoo.com/group/arachnoidcystfriends

neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread18964.html‎

http://www.arachnoidcystsupport.blogspot.com/‎

http://www.arachnoidcyst.org.nz/‎

There is also a link to a library which you may find useful. http://www.healthline.com › Reference Library

I have tried to find published Guidelines/Protocols For the treatment of A/C but its that rare they do not exist. I looked on the N.I.C.E site and again nothing that would be of use to your case.

I have rang a friend who works as a nurse in neurology and asked her what advice is given to patients on discharge, she replied that it was very patient specific due the nature of the cysts and there location. She did ask what advice you were given on discharge by the consultant. I asked her about your symptoms but she would not give me an answer as such. I did ask her that if you were in his position what would you do. She said she would be banging on the GP,s door.

She also said the following book was very usefull . The Official Patients Source book on arachnoid Cysts, its american and I do not know how useful it will be to you.

I am sorry there is so little but when it comes to AC there seems to be a black hole on information to help you.

Thanks for your help. :)

I did join a group on Facebook, which appears to be American and it seems as though they do things differently over there - many people seem to have (or their children) VP shunts and /or have had surgery to remove the cyst. According to my notes, it says "there is a question of a mild cyst" - that was around June last year. A letter from ophthamology does give the AC diagnosis.

Nystagmite, Its been over a year since you was last reviewed I think that it is time to be referred back to your consultant. Its not my area of medicine but I believe you have good physical and psychological reasons to ask for a referral back to The neurologist. I hope everything turns out for the best for you.

P.S The Americans do have a different approach to medicine. There are a number of risks to this type of surgery and the British approach is to balance the risk to the benefit of each case. from what I have read a large number of cases do not require intervention just monitoring.

Edited by mr_mastiff
More to say

We have no idea when he'll be home. There have been some serious cock-up recently. He's had no food or drink since the weekend, they think his feeding tube has come out, they can't get a canula (?) into his hand and he can't reach his bell. He had to phone Grandma to ask her to phone the hospital to tell someone that he needs pain relief.

He explained how oncology get a needle into his hand - they put his hands in hot water and then insert. He was given lukewarm water. He said that's no good, they walked off and didn't come back.

Where his tube has possibly come out, they gave him half a pouch of food, which has probably got into his insides.

Is it too much to ask for decent care for a man who is seriously ill and will die soon?

• 2 weeks later...
I have an appointment to see the GP again next week. Now having problems with the pressure in the front of my head. :(

I hope everything goes well, stand your ground and insist on a referral, if your pain and eyesight are deteriorating then ask them the question why.

There is an old motto from my days in the Army that" knowledge dispels fear" and I believe i that they should be giving you the answers or explanations that you require.

I've seen a different GP each time. BP was taken last time.

I know my questions seem a bit random, but as there been any increase in your blood pressure since diagnosis? If there as been a increase that coincides with your headaches and eye sight problems then you should be referred.

My BP has never been taken apart from last time in relation to this. Each time it's been "just drink more water" (currently drinking up to 3 litres a day) or "take ibuprofen and paracetamol". None help at all.

The tests they use to test eye sight, aren't that accurate in relation to the conditions I have - because things like tiredness affect how much I can see.