R60nda V First Direct

r60nda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I sent the first letter off to First Direct on Wednesday 18th October with my £10 cheque for the statements, I received a letter back from them on Friday 20th returning my cheque and saying that they will get the information sent to me.... :)

Does anyone know if First Direct have closed anyone's bank account?

Thanks

R60nda

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Right went through all the statements last night - crikey I've wasted some money over the years anyway I used the spreadsheet from the library where it also calculates the 8% so:

My charges come to: £3664.99

With the 8%: £951.08

Total: £4616.07

What I've claimed back is the Interest, Overdraft fee, excess overdraft fee and any recalled or unpaid items.. Please could someone just confirm that, that is correct before I send it off to them.

Thanks for your help :)

You DON'T include the 8% interest in youre initial claim. As it says in the FAQs etc, you only add the 8% on if/when you start a court claim.

"What I've claimed back is the Interest, Overdraft fee, excess overdraft fee and any recalled or unpaid items.. Please could someone just confirm that, that is correct before I send it off to them."

Just to confirm, you claim back Overdraft Fees, Excess Overdraft fees, the proportion of the debit interest charged caused by the fees, and any charges due to items being returned or unpaid - not the unpaid/returned items themselves.

Thanks G8 Summit, I'll change the spreadsheet and take out the 8% for this stage, the rest is ok as it is just the charges i.e. £37.50 for unpaid items etc. So the amount I'll be claiming back is £3664.99

Here we go....

I'm just in the process of typing out the preliminary approach for repayment letter and under what I require it says:

Additionally you have entered a default notice against my credit record......

How do I know if this has happened? Do I still put this in the letter?

Thanks for your help

R60nda

Only put this in the letter if you have been defaulted. You would need to get a copy of your credit record from a Credit Reference Agency to confirm this.

From your first post I assume you are still using the account with FD; if this is the case they almost certainly won't have defaulted you though - because they would probably be asking you to stop using/close the account if they default you.

___

MBNA VISA - PL sent 23/10

MBNA MCard - PL sent 23/10

FD - PL sent 23/10, offered approx 75% 27/10

Marbles - PL sent 23/10, rejected letter received 27/10

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I sent of my preliminary approach letter and got the standard reply back from Lesley Gibbon on the 21 November saying sorry I've had cause to complain and that I would receive a reply certainly within the next 10 working days. As yet I've not heard anything from them... I take it the next stage is to send the Letter Before Action...

Please could someone confirm?

Cheers guys

Yes an LBA is your next step. Also stick to your timescales and send that LBA 14 days after your first letter.

This is your claim and it is not up for the back to change timescales without asking first. By saying they will get back in 10 dyas they show no respect to your request and is another subtle bullying technique.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) posted FD 26th October

£10 cheque returned and letter received 1st November

Statements awaited

Statements recieved 23rd Nov 2006

Request for payment £444 sent 23rd Nov 2006

I got home yesterday to find a letter from John Ruane in Customer Relations saying that FD doesn't agree that the charges are unlawful blahdy blahdy blah... anyway because I hadn't heard from them I had just sent of my LBA.... I'm presuming now that I shall just go to the MCOL stage then and not wait any more? is that right?

Thanks

Hi r60nda,

Your claim and mine must be running side-by-side, as I sent my LBA on the fourth. I have received an offer today though, and am sending a rejection letter tomorrow, which I have copied onto my thread at Roger66 vs First Direct.

I have added a few bits to the original template, and you wouldn't have to include them, but I feel like baiting them a bit to prove I'm serious.:)

Roger66

Hi Roger

Yes I've just read your thread... stick to your guns I think is the general message throughout and that we need to remember that they have taken OUR money and we want it ALL back..

Hmm, they will have definitely received my LBA now so it will be interesting then if I receive a form of offer from them, but like you I anticipate that I will end up going to the MCOL stage...

R

i also must have a claim for £3665 running by the side of yours, 1st letter they took about 56 days to reply and kept blaming DHL! the next letter recieved a standard response.. they didnt feel they had overcharged me and I should check my terms and conditions blah blah blah.. I have just recieved a response for my LBA, same crappy response as first time and if I wanted to complain to the OFT I should and they even included a leaflet to help me!

So off to court we go I guess .. I will keep you posted with the result and best of luck to you guys.

First Direct -taking to court for £4455 on 14/12/06

Capital one: data request 12/12/06

MBNA data request 12/12/06

Hi everyone

Well I got home yesterday to find a letter from Deborah Malins, without prejudice etc and without any admission of liability whatsoever offering me £2909. I tell you I had a huge grin on my face... The letter did say that they were not willing to refund the interest as it related to my unauthorised borrowing... My claim is for £3483.50 so I'm £574.50 short of this and the interest is £181.49....

So my question to you is should I accept the £2909 as part payment but still stay that I'm going to pursue the £574.50 and still go to the MCOL stage?

Cheers

R

Hi r60nda,

I got a similar offer, a few hundred quid less than yours, and I altered the acceptance letter to say 'part settlement' crossing out 'full and final' and sent the thanks but no thanks letter from templates with it.

They haven't written back to tell me when I can have the part settlement yet;)

I can't understand why.......................

Roger.

FD never send partial settlements, unlike some others... but don't let that stop you from going to MCOL stage!

___

You can send them a letter accepting the offer as part settlement, but they won't actually send you the money until you agree to a full settlement.

___

Hi everyone

After receiving FD's offer of £2909, I sent them a letter on the 13 respectfully declining this and asking for the full amount of £3,483.50 and that they have up until the 20 December to return the full amount otherwise i will go to the MCOL stage. As yet I've heard nothing.. I'll keep you posted..

R

Hiya!

I sent the first letter to FD requesting my statements on the 12th....I haven't yet received the cheque/letter back as yet that people seem to be getting..I am wondering if its the Christmas post and all that....How long did it take people to get the statments??