Tesco cost me £60, any advice would be great.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya everyone,

I'm new here this is my first post, I hope I'm posting this in the right forum, apologies if not.

I work from home as a self employed chat operator, and on average I earn around £30 per day weekdays.

From around 9 o'clock on Monday morning I had no dialling tone, just a fuzzy sound.Tesco is my provider. I emailed them straight away to try and resolve this issue, but on Tuesday afternoon, I still had no dialling tone and no emaill response. So I tried messaging them on facebook instead, this worked and within a few hours my phone was working again, by this time it was around 8 in the evening on Tuesday. So I missed 2 days work because of this error.

I messaged the man back on facebook to ask for a refund for loss of earnings, but he said they do not cover the loss of business :!: but that he is willing to credit my tesco phone account with a £40 good will gesture. I replied to him yesterday to say that I am willing to accept £40 (still a loss of £20) as long as it is credit to my bank account, and not my phone account. Again they haven't got back to me, I emailed again 4 hours ago to try and prompt a response, but still nothing.

So, my question is, is there much point in me persuing a refund in this case? I am genuinly out of pocket which will make it difficult for me next week and I will have to do some budgeting, but they say they don't cover the loss of business.

£40 credited to my phone account won't do me much good at this moment, I don't owe my phone bill until September 16th, and that will only be around £20 anyway.

Any advice would be fantastic, I am not clued up in anyway on how to handle situations like these.

Sorry my first post is a bit long, thank you for reading :-)

Is this a business account with Tesco Mobile if not I doubt very much they will be interested in making any redress if this is just a standard account for mobile services.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hiya, :-)

It's a landline telephone, (not mobile)

They have credited my tesco account with £40. So atleast I won't have to worry about next months phone bill. It's better than nothing. :whoo: It's not ideal, but atleast they have done that much.