Stopped on moped to clear visor on zig zags and got fined!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise/help??? I stopped on my moped, to clear a fly from my visor but was on a zig zag after a crossing. I was fined but appealed using Highway Code guidelines for stopping on zigzags. The HC even shows pictures of stationary vehicles on zigzags and says its ok, but you cannot park obviously. Otherwise what would you do when a pedestrian appears and starts crossing!! An adjudicator for Campden council has ruled in favour of the fine!!! Can I continue to fight this in any way? Or is it futile and £130 out of my pocket?

Thanks in advance Gary

The only way to challenge an adjudicator's decision is if he/she has made an error in law. This one sounds like an interpretation of the purposes of your actions on the day, so I don't think you have grounds. You'll have to pay it.

If your vision was impaired by something that was not of your own doing then of course you can appeal.

You are legally allowed to stop on a motorway if there is sufficient reason to do so (if you can see the red cross on the gantry above your lane ), but not it seems in Camden.

It looks like you stopped to perhaps avoid a possible accident. I would appeal on those grounds..

If a fly stuck on a visor caused accidents motorcyclists would be dying in their hundreds each week! A zig zag is no more than 20m long its not exactly going to endanger the rider to travel off the crossing before stopping.

If a fly stuck on a visor caused accidents motorcyclists would be dying in their hundreds each week! A zig zag is no more than 20m long its not exactly going to endanger the rider to travel off the crossing before stopping.

It may have been a decision that needed immediate action as the line of vision was affected. I would continue the appeal if that was the case..

It may have been a decision that needed immediate action as the line of vision was affected. I would continue the appeal if that was the case..

It must have been one of those giant mutant flies if it blocked all vision.

How can the OP appeal further when he has lost at adjudication?