Unknown default from Three

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I haven't checked my credit file in a while but decided to check it recently. I have a default showing from Lowell that defaulted in 2010. According to my credit file, the original amount was for £40 but then defaulted to just over £300. I've spoken to Lowell briefly and they say its in relation to a contract I supposedly took out from Three.

The name and date of birth is right but the address is one I've never lived at and I've definitely never had a contract with Three.

I guess my question is, how can I challenge this and get it removed as they don't seem to want to budge on the matter.

I haven't checked my credit file in a while but decided to check it recently. I have a default showing from Lowell that defaulted in 2010. According to my credit file, the original amount was for £40 but then defaulted to just over £300. I've spoken to Lowell briefly and they say its in relation to a contract I supposedly took out from Three.

The name and date of birth is right but the address is one I've never lived at and I've definitely never had a contract with Three.

I guess my question is, how can I challenge this and get it removed as they don't seem to want to budge on the matter.

Stay off the phone, it is NOT a good idea with a company like Lowell.

Send this:

Private & Confidential

For The Personal Attention of

Ms Sarah de Tute

Director of Legal & Compliance

The Lowell Group

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Date:...............:

Ref: use theirs:

Dear Ms de Tute,

I refer to an alleged debt for an amount of £300.00 which Lowell claim is owed by me, this is supposedly in relation to the telecommunications provider 3.

Please take not I do not acknowledge any debt to Lowell or any company it may claim to represent.

Lowell should be aware that I am not now nor ever have been a customer of 3mobile NOR have I ever resided at the address at which Lowell have registered on credit reference agency files in relation to this debt.

I therefore formally state that I am NOT the debtor Lowell seeks.

Lowell is reminded that I do NOT have to prove that I am NOT the debtor who owes an outstanding debt. (OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2006 updated Nov.2012).

Clearly Lowell have failed to properly establish that it has identified the correct person before causing inaccurate/false data on credit reference files.

I have no doubt that Lowell will attempt to claim that the data displayed is not its responsibility, a claim that is of course of no merit Lowell having bought the alleged debt thus becoming the data controller in his matter and I hold Lowell entirely responsible for causing the data to be displayed.

I now require Lowell to REMOVE ALL DATA relating to this matter from ALL credit reference agency files to which it has reported this damaging data.

I would suggest that Lowell should immediately contact the 'creditor' in this matter as clearly it has acquired defective account.

Lowell WILL confirm within 7 working days that this matter has been dealt with as required, and all data has been removed, after which I will consider the level of redress required to close this matter.

This letter is sent by RM recorded signed for post and its receipt will be checked.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Have Lowell linked this to your current address?

I'm not too sure. As I'm not on the electoral roll anywhere and I don't have anything financial linked to my current address I guess they'd have trouble finding me anyway.

I only spotted it because it flagged up on Experian report but it does show the address I've never lived at.

Stay off the phone, it is NOT a good idea with a company like Lowell.

Send this:

Private & Confidential

For The Personal Attention of

Ms Sarah de Tute

Director of Legal & Compliance

The Lowell Group

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Date:...............:

Ref: use theirs:

Dear Ms de Tute,

I refer to an alleged debt for an amount of £300.00 which Lowell claim is owed by me, this is supposedly in relation to the telecommunications provider 3.

Please take not I do not acknowledge any debt to Lowell or any company it may claim to represent.

Lowell should be aware that I am not now nor ever have been a customer of 3mobile NOR have I ever resided at the address at which Lowell have registered on credit reference agency files in relation to this debt.

I therefore formally state that I am NOT the debtor Lowell seeks.

Lowell is reminded that I do NOT have to prove that I am NOT the debtor who owes an outstanding debt. (OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2006 updated Nov.2012).

Clearly Lowell have failed to properly establish that it has identified the correct person before causing inaccurate/false data on credit reference files.

I have no doubt that Lowell will attempt to claim that the data displayed is not its responsibility, a claim that is of course of no merit Lowell having bought the alleged debt thus becoming the data controller in his matter and I hold Lowell entirely responsible for causing the data to be displayed.

I now require Lowell to REMOVE ALL DATA relating to this matter from ALL credit reference agency files to which it has reported this damaging data.

I would suggest that Lowell should immediately contact the 'creditor' in this matter as clearly it has acquired defective account.

Lowell WILL confirm within 7 working days that this matter has been dealt with as required, and all data has been removed, after which I will consider the level of redress required to close this matter.

This letter is sent by RM recorded signed for post and its receipt will be checked.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. Knowing Lowell, I doubt they'll accept this is the case.

I'm not too sure. As I'm not on the electoral roll anywhere and I don't have anything financial linked to my current address I guess they'd have trouble finding me anyway.

I only spotted it because it flagged up on Experian report but it does show the address I've never lived at.

Okay well it should be fine... However if this is fraudulent then this could be a problem :(

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks, I'll give it a go. Knowing Lowell, I doubt they'll accept this is the case.

Dealt with a few of these recently with some considerable success, it going over the heads of customer (dis) service that helps!!

There are further options if needed, remembering it is entirely down to Lowlife to prove you are the debtor.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: