Speeding Ticket showing no points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To contest the ticket on any grounds, you'd have to agree to a hearing in Magistrates' Court. Only worth doing if you weren't actually speeding or you have some other very strong defence, or if you're about to be banned for having 12 points.

Otherwise, you'd risk a much higher penalty in both points and fine, regardless of what you started with. Furthermore, Fixed Penalty points depend on the offence code so their omission from the ticket doesn't mean you won't get them.

Hi

I have just received a speeding ticket & a fixed penalty. On my pink slip part of the ticket it only shows the £60 fine & nothing in the points box. Can I contest the ticket?

What is it you wish to contest?

You can always contact the agency that has issued the ticket and find out what it's all about.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The FPN that I was given only shows a fine & nothing in the pints box, what I want to know is A) is the ticket valid & B) If so does this mean that I won't get any points added?

Thanks

For a ticket to be invalid, there has to be a fundamental error in the evidence and/or the details recorded on the ticket.

The fact that the points box has nothing in it, does not invalidate the FPN, and if you have surrendered your licence to the stopping officer, your licence will come back with 3 points on it for the offence.

For a ticket to be invalid, there has to be a fundamental error in the evidence and/or the details recorded on the ticket.

The fact that the points box has nothing in it, does not invalidate the FPN, and if you have surrendered your licence to the stopping officer, your licence will come back with 3 points on it for the offence.

Send off your licence, and if it is returned with three points and a fine then you could contest that the penalty given exceeds that stated on the FPN.

I rather doubt it. If he pays the fixed penalty and has his licence endorsed, unless he can find someone in the ticket office and/or DVLA who's willing to be accommodating, that's the end of the matter. There's no formal mechanism for contesting it after it's paid, unless he has a few thousand pounds to throw at a judicial review. I suspect he'd also have to persuade someone that he was genuinely mislead about the penalty.

If he rejects the fixed penalty and asks for a court hearing the court will convict him, barring a procedural cock-up or him casting doubt on whether he was actually speeding, and give him points and a fine. They won't give a toss what the ticket said or didn't say, as that has no relevance to his guilt or innocence.