Acenden Repossession Order ** ORDER SUSPENDED **

whitsend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup its not what we expected thats for sure... for me this is the 2nd charge, my first is fine... i may see if they will take the whole mortgage... but being a self employed musician, its not easy to get credit. Thankfully i feel i have crawled out of the vipers pit....If i did not have so much equity tied up from a previous house sale 10 years back i would have told them to stick it, but i could not lose all that hard earned... i could sell and pay off the lot and have quite a few grand over, but im going to bide my time, and sell up only to move out of the country altogether...till then will just try and keep on top...but the few months before i got sorted was a horrible stressful time, im sure could cause major health problems to some... I think they will get their just but till then its a hard fight....Good luck tomorrow.

You need to tell the court that they refused to accept payment over the phone or let you register to pay via their website. Did you make a note of the name of the person who refused to take payment and the time of the call ?

No, I didn't but I have an email from them saying I could not register for website payments

How much can you pay to your arrears each month. Over and above your monthly instalment?

My monthly payment is 331 and I have offered 120 on top of this. I have paid this amount this month even though they said they wouldn't accept it without a lump sum.

I have just received a new witness statement from Lightfoots solicitors by post. I have just over 2 hours to the court hearing, it is a statement of arrears from 2009 which was paid if full and never got to court. I do not know what to do now, I don't have time to sort this out.

Rorsarch, don't be so quick to judge - those arrears from 2009 were paid before a previous hearing. the current hearing is for more recent arrears

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Rorsarch, don't be so quick to judge - those arrears from 2009 were paid before a previous hearing. the current hearing is for more recent arrears

They have sent me a copy fo the statement of arrears from 2009 today to show me that they are going to use it at the hearing today, they were paid off in 5 weeks and were 50% fees. The arrears I am in court for today are from now.

I'm too quick to judge the new arrears that are present? For the second time? It's almost like someone can't afford their debts.

The arrears were just over one months mortgage on 1.7.09 and were paid by 17.7.09. This was over 4 years ago.

You are talking nonsense. If you have no arrears they can't take you to court, unless your loan has expired. Check your facts.

I was referring to this comment - whitsend stated clearly that the arrears were cleared in 2009 - the hearing is for current arrears. Telling someone they are talking nonsense isn't helpful

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I'm too quick to judge the new arrears that are present? For the second time? It's almost like someone can't afford their debts.

Of course I could not pay my debts otherwise I would not have been in court today. I have had to make some major changes so I can.

How did it go ?

It went very well, even before we went in their solicitor said they would accept my offer. The judge said she was impressed that I had taken the time to prepare a statement and budget sheet. The Judge even set my first payment date 1st October and asked if I was sure I could pay that amount as if she took Morgan into consideration the lowest would have been £25, but I didn't want to be paying it forever. She didn't seem to have the new statement asking her to take into account the 2009 arrears.

So I got a suspended repossession order to pay an extra £120 per month. Thanks for you help Ell-enn, I can now sleep at night

Great news! well done:) Hope all goes well for you now

Title amended to reflect suspension of order.

Well done, very good news :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That's great news..but why on earth did they still take you to court if their solicitor said they are going to accept anyway...ill tell you MORE FEES..... sods...

I don't think they expected me to turn up, their solicitor had another hearing at the same time and she had to ask the judge for more time to finish the other hearing, she had no paperwork with any figures on. She hadn't got my budget sheet either. When the judge asked why the offer hadn't been accepted prior to the hearing, her only response was that it would take me longer than they wanted for me to pay off the arrears. The lump sum I was asked for by Acenden was not even mentioned.

I don't think they expected me to turn up, their solicitor had another hearing at the same time and she had to ask the judge for more time to finish the other hearing, she had no paperwork with any figures on. She hadn't got my budget sheet either. When the judge asked why the offer hadn't been accepted prior to the hearing, her only response was that it would take me longer than they wanted for me to pay off the arrears. The lump sum I was asked for by Acenden was not even mentioned.

do you think they would have added this on to the fees? do check... but main thing is your in the clear well done... I wonder if they are backing back a bit as they seem to be very easy on me now as well... who knows... Cool stuff. x

• 3 weeks later...