Paying tax whilst working and living abroad

Hallmark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning EveryoneI'am looking for some advice.I'm currently the director of a limited company and i will be leaving the UK in August to work abroad for a number of years so as from March 2014 my limited company will become dormant as advised by my accountant. My accountant has also advised me that i will still be required to complete a shelf assessment in every year even though the company is dormant.As I'am registering with HMRC to be a non residant in the UK via a P85 so what i earn in abroad will not be taxed when or if i do return to live in the country will me having to complete a self assessment tax return and having a dormant limited company affect my UK residancy?Thanks

All company directors normally have to do Self Assessment. It doesn't matter where you are resident or what the company's status is. The only way around this will be to ask HMRC to consider waiving this requirement, if they can actually do so legally, once you have filed at least one nil return (say for the 2014-2015 tax year).

Thread moved to appropriate Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I have worked abroad for a few years years now. I always file an annual tax return just to remain "on the radar" in case I ever go back to the UK. It is easy. I do it online in just a few minutes.

I have a small UK income of £120 a month, which is taxed. Then it is refunded to me each year.