Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Hallmark

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hi All Bit of a tricky one but looking for advice on the below. Bought a house in 2005 with ex partner (not married) through NRAM, mortgage in joint names. We spilt and she asked me to take over the house in 2007, which I agreed to. Got round to try to complete a change of parties in 2012 once I knew I would be accepted by NRAM on the change of parties as I had a well paid job at this point. Managed to get my ex into the solicitors to sign the transfer of deeds into my name, thought everything was going smothley and thought the change of parties would go through only to f
  2. Good afternoon I'm looking for some advice on paying income tax on my earnings when working in Qatar as i have been reading mixed stories when looking on line. I move abroad in August 2013 to work which meant I spent 163 days in the UK within the tax year 2013-14. I paid all my tax from my previous job when living in the UK from April 2013 - August 2014. I'm planning on returning to the UK in April 2017 (after the 2016 - 2017 tax year). My questions are: Will I be liable to pay tax for the remianing tax year from August 2013 - April 2014? Will I be liable to pay any tax
  3. Hi SueThe criteria is a credit check will be performed on the person looking to take on the mortgage and a affordability check will take place i.e want proof of earnings. This is all part of the application process.Hope it all goes well.
  4. Hi Everyone A little advice required please. My wife has a Halifax credit card which has just over £4500 spent on it (£5000 limit). She has been paying the minimun payment for around 5 years and not missed a payment. The interest each month works out at £90 to £95. This morning my wife called Halifax to see if they would offer her a reduced settlement fee but she was told that Halifax do not offer settlement fee's and that they would need to pass the debt on to a collector for her to arrange something like that. They did however say that she could pay ju
  5. HiNo they will not transfer the house over to a sole name if a CO is in place as i'am in the same situation.I applied for the change of parties with NRAM but unknown to me my ex had a charging order put on the property so they refused to complete the transfer unless the debt was paid off.
  6. Good Morning EveryoneI'am looking for some advice.I'm currently the director of a limited company and i will be leaving the UK in August to work abroad for a number of years so as from March 2014 my limited company will become dormant as advised by my accountant. My accountant has also advised me that i will still be required to complete a shelf assessment in every year even though the company is dormant.As I'am registering with HMRC to be a non residant in the UK via a P85 so what i earn in abroad will not be taxed when or if i do return to live in the country will me having to complete a sel
  7. Becky im PAYE. I was also wondering if i could claim milage back?
  8. Good afternoon I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm currently on a 2on 2off rota offshore and i do 13 trips a year. I Travel up to Aberdeen in my car and back home every trip and i recieve a 2nd class rail fair from my company. I also pay for my own work clothes to wear under my overalls and use my own phone to phone my company. The question is, am i entiled to claim any tax back as i have been doing this for over 4 years now? Many Thanks
  9. Hallmark

    Bad credit

    I get a really good score on credit expert, it says excellent 980 but i dont know if the banks use the same process to score and as soon as they see missed payments still within the 6 years im scared that a request for a mortgage will be declined.
  10. Eggbox Do you know if the quote who have said is written on a document anywhere so that I can reference it?
  11. Thanks I will phone them again tomorrow and keep you posted.
  12. Egg box I have just spoke to the land registry and they said that the equity charge will stand and that the charge will apply to my ex's half of equity if the house was sold. This means I won't be able to complete the change of parties. Do you think I could maybe apply to get the equity charge removed through NR if at all possible?
  13. Yes this is the case. The story is I went through the change of parties process with NR to sign the house into solely my name this year and received the offer from NR but when things went to get finalised NR withdrew the change of party offer as they had realised they had put a charge on the house. They are now saying the charge needs to be paid before the transfer can go ahead or to even sell the property.
  14. Originally the loan was I joint names but when we split up I payed half of the loan off and I was removed from the loan and was not accountable anymore. I have that in writing from northern rock.
  15. Can anyone help. Does anyone know if the charge below from my land registry search is classed as a restriction? It's an outstanding debt from my ex and we are joint names on the property. 6 (21.04.2008) Equitable charge created by an Interim charging order of the South Shields County Court dated 3 December 2007 in favour of Northern Rock plc. NOTE: Copy filed. End of register
  • Create New...