Wrong Statement Sent - what to do next?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The other week I requested a statement from a Debt Collection Company for an old credit card. A few days later I received a brief 3 line statement and 25 pages of Lloyds TSB statements for a complete stranger!

My old account was with LTSB and this was then sold to a third party company and given to a collection company to recover. I pay £1 PCM as this is all I can afford for now.

I have lodged a complaint with them and am worried that my information may have been sent to the wrong person too! They have written to me explaining that it was a clerical error and their client had sent them the statements in error and requested that I send the statements to them. I suggested that it might be better to send them to the name at the top of the letter.

I am amazed that they can handle data in such an incompetent way. Should I repot the matter to the ICO / Information Commisioner? I'm not looking for any compensation as it seem's I've not been wronged but the other guy has. I don't know if they have written to him toexplain their error.

Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks

A/time

Yes most certainly report this to the ICO, you should also raise a formal complaint with the incompetent DCA.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: