HSBC charge on property

mryummy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Hope you can advise.

Myself and my soon to be ex wife are getting divorced and as part of the divorce, herself is keeping the house and re mortgaging in her own name.

She has managed to get the mortgage agreed and is in the process of sorting. However.....

HSBC, who the mortgage is with, are allegedly holding a second charge on the house which relates to a previous company that was liquidated and a security on the property against the overdraft. The company that was liquidated was owned by us both, but was liquidated in 2009.

As part of the agreement with the bank, the overdraft on the business account was secured against the house, we were aware of this.

However, following the collapse of the company, HSBC issued a demand for the guarantee to be paid.

Following weeks of negotiating, we offered a large sum of money IN FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT of the debt, with any charge being released against the property. This amount was accepted and paid.

Now, they are saying the charge is still there and that "any monies not paid will be taken from any surplus when the mortgage is repaid"

This clearly wasnt what was agreed, so what process/paperwork etc do i need to start to get this removed and situation sorted?

Was this F&F agreed in writing ?

If you have their response in writing, then I think you will need to make a complaint to their Head office.

You could send a Subject Access request to them for all data and then check to see what has been going on. The request will cost you £10.00 and they have 40 calendar days to respond.

I will also try and find others who might be able to help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Was this F&F agreed in writing ?

If you have their response in writing, then I think you will need to make a complaint to their Head office.

You could send a Subject Access request to them for all data and then check to see what has been going on. The request will cost you £10.00 and they have 40 calendar days to respond.

I will also try and find others who might be able to help.

Hi, Yes, it was agreed in writing and this was prior to any monies being transferred to them.

I will request the SAR today and take any advice i can get from you amazing guys :)

If you have a copy of that letter, I think you should only need copy the letter in a complaint to their Head office. Point out that they have gone back on an agreement which is hardly "Treating a customer Fairly"

Send the SAR anyway, Banks and creditors have this nasty habit of saying they only keep data for 6 years, so you don't want anything to be "lost or destroyed", should you need to take further action.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you have a copy of that letter, I think you should only need copy the letter in a complaint to their Head office. Point out that they have gone back on an agreement which is hardly "Treating a customer Fairly"

Send the SAR anyway, Banks and creditors have this nasty habit of saying they only keep data for 6 years, so you don't want anything to be "lost or destroyed", should you need to take further action.

We cant locate the copy of the letter, splitting the household up seems to have removed certain objects from the house, so we need to request a copy. It is clearly recalled that one was sent, I obtained advice from the CAG on this matter some years ago (2010) so followed the protocol 100% and donation made :)

Trying to speak with them is impossible, they just pass us on to person to person. The latest is that, as the debt was a limited company, they wont talk to us about it! HSBC referred us to metropolitan, who i know are owned by HSBC, they in turn refered us back to HSBC, who referred us to mortgage areas (the mortgage isnt in areas and never has been), they then came out with the statement "we dont know why the charge is on"

The business closed in 2009 and the settlement paid in 2010.

Ok, well then you should almost certainly find something within the SAR I would think. Even if it is only on their diary pages.

BCOBS

Ok, well then you should almost certainly find something within the SAR I would think. Even if it is only on their diary pages.

Thanks yet again Citizen B, I have sent this off and look forward to receiving their response and sorting this out.

I am now really enjoying fighting all these people and getting stuck into it all.