Empingham/Aktiv Kapital - endless contact!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Guys!

This crew keep leaving messages on our answerphone, and now a letter has arrived from them, addressed to my husband,

regarding a supposed debt he owes to something called Aktiv Kapital.

This is nothing to do with him at all, totally not his debt. It's for just over £468.

The envelope said "80% discount available for a limited time only!" like it was a hotshot product at a knockdown price!

He's starting to get a little bothered by this, despite the fact it's nothing to do with him.

The letter says "we know that you are still living at this address, and we urge you not to ignore this letter, but to take action before we send our doorstep collector".

I have told him we should ignore this completely, as there really is nothing they can do, but he's uneasy,

so I said I would consult all you Oracles out there in CAG land.

Am I right?

I just want to reassure him.

Thank you so much,

Catherine.

Last time I got a doorstep letter, from those idiots at Capquest, I lived abroad and wrote to their "collections manager", called Anne Mcshane (i have to laugh every time I mention her name, she got everything wrong and they had to write the debt off), and I inquired how was she going to visit me in Taiwan, was she going to flying economy class or or business class to visit? Haha.

So I called her on her direct dial number at the CrapQuest office to arrange a doorstep visit: her doorstep! Her details had been plastered all over the Internet, so I assume she had upset a few people. She went very quiet when I said that I was sending my collector that same evening. She even refused to say what time she would be home. Anyway, that night she never answered the door when my collector called.

It's funny isn't it how the bullies go all silent when the tables are turned.

Shortly afterwards, her direct dial number was removed, as she received multiple calls from insurance salesmen, double glazing sales people, debt collectors, etc. as a result of the presence of her details online.

Poor thing!

I have told him we should ignore this completely, as there really is nothing they can do, but he's uneasy, so I said I would consult all you Oracles out there in CAG land. Am I right?

There is plenty you can do.

They won't stop unless they know he isn't the debtor. Aktiv Kapital are debt purchasers, so the original debt will be for something else - a credit card, loan, bank account or whatever. The 80% discount bit shows that this debt will be a wrong'un - statute-barred, or no paperwork. DCAs who work with lemon debt like this will try all sorts, such as writing to everyone with the same initial and surname as their records show.

Once your certain he doesn't owe anyone, start by sending a letter addressed to the Compliance Manager:

Dear Sirs

I refer to your demands for payment with ref: xxxxx.

Take notice that I dispute that I owe any money to you or any company you claim to represent.

Your demands and threats to send collectors to my home are causing me anxiety and distress and I consider that they amount to harassment.

I require you to cease contacting me, and to remove my details from your databases.

Yours etc.

Thank you alisindebt and Scarlet Pimpernel - I had a good laugh about Ms McShane, too!

My husband is absolutely certain this is nothing to do with him

- he's never had a credit card,

and we paid off his one and only personal loan two years ago.

He's still got the same bank account he's had for years, with no overdraft.

I'll suggest to him that we send the letter that Scarlet Pimpernel has put in his reply to me.

I'm convinced that they are fishing for business, in any case.

Another trick I got up to with the rather dim "McShane", was that I realised the so called "debt" was an Egg loan. Egg knew that I was abroad but still decided to sneakily get a CCJ against me, knowing that I couldn't defend, because, eerrrm, I was working overseas.

When I eventually got my post sent to me, I realised they had gone to court knowing I couldn't defend, so I had the CCJ set aside. Of course, this now meant I had a prior dispute with the OC, which means the debt cannot be collected by a third party DCA.

But Egg and DCAs only understand one principle : sh** on people. So, this is so funny, Egg sh** on CrapQuest by selling the debt to them outright, knowing they could never collect.

So when that moron, Anne Mcshane tried to collect from me, I had very great pleasure in wasting her time and stringing her along for a year, before I had the humility to tell her she could not collect on a set aside CCJ, that was subject to a prior dispute with the OC.

During that time, she broke every rule in the book and if I was still in the UK, I would have sued her ar*e off.

I really enjoyed getting her threat o gram emails and letters, as I even gave her my address abroad to test whether she stupid enough to write to Taiwan. Yes, she was that stupid! Haha.

To this date Capquest have steadfastly refused to refund the token payments I made to them, which only goes to show what they are like.

In conclusion, I treat DCAs the same way that they treated me, with utter contempt.

See my threads on here ;I wrote of all debts and was refunded every single PPI payment.

In short, lead DCAs on and they always drop themselves in it. Bye bye McShane.

check his CRA file and ensure its not been trashed

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Alisindebt - I'm beginning to think that you rather enjoy humiliating Ms McShane and all others like her! Don't we all?!!I shall be firing off the letter suggested by Scarlet Pimpernel later today, and just daring these eejits to contact us again. As far as I'm concerned it is most definitely harrassment.