Drydensfairfax & O2 CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just catching up on your thread..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I've had a look at my credit file and it is showing :( due to disability I haven't got the best memory to say the least.

Ok, what did it say on the record - did it give a default date - last date of payment - do you recall the debt at all ? Did you cancel the account with perhaps a balance outstanding ?

I have attached below the PoC details purely for those looking in - you have until closing time on Monday 15th July to submit a defence, I will ask someone to look in and help you before then.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45170[/ATTACH]

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Record has date of default as 27/11/2009 with no record of payments made at all. I honestly don't remember arranging this as it has contract start date in 2008.

Nothing been received from Drydensfairfax at all after there last letter back in June.

If you don't recall entering into the agreement then I think until they provide information otherwise, then you are going to have to simply deny it.

Anyway, wait until those with more knowledge pop in an advise, which they will do well in time for you to submit something on Monday :)

BCOBS

I'm not one of the legal bods, but this seems straightforward to me and this is what I'd put in a defence if it was me.

1. I have no knowledge of the alleged debt.

2. I have requested evidence of the alleged debt from the claimant, but none has been provided.

3. In the absence of any evidence to support the claim, I would respectfully request the court to strike out the claim.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I agree with caro, this is a fairly simple one. I would just add a paragraph re: assignment and a paragraph re: interest as follows:

1. I have no knowledge of the alleged debt.

2. I have requested evidence of the alleged debt from the claimant, but none has been provided.

3. As per Civil Procedurelink3.gif Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.The Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

4. In relation to Paragraph 2, I have no recollection of receiving a Notice of Assignment, as required by section 136 Law of Property Act 1925. The Claimant is put to strict proof as to service of the Notice of Assignment and its right to bring this claim.

5. In relation to Paragraph 3, in the event that the alleged agreement exists, it is likely to contain a clause regarding interest, in which case pursuant to section 69 (4) County Courts Act 1984 the Claimant is not entitled to interest at the rate claimed.

6. By reason of the fact and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief. In the absence of any evidence to support the claim, I would respectfully request the court to strike out the claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks SP. :-D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Hi all time for an update received a letter from Drydens on the 2nd of August as attached and hadn't heard anything else until this morning when the second letter arrived. In between these two there has been no correspondence received at all or any other communication.

I haven't a clue what there defence is as this wasn't enclosed.

Any further advice would be much appreciated.

Edited by lincskitten

Just received that about ten minutes ago in the post. I presume as I have submitted a defence I am not agreeing to use the mediation service? Thanks for your help

It depends whether you are willing to negotiate. Anything discussed during mediation is legally privileged and cannot be cited or used against you in court. I doubt you can have any real negotiation until you have received details of what the debt is about, and Drydens have said that they are seeking this information from their client.

The generally accepted wisdom is that you should tick "yes". This is because in small claims track the court has the power to order one side to pay the other's legal costs if it thinks that side has acted unreasonably. The idea is that saying yes to mediation makes you look reasonable. In reality, this power is rarely used and generally only in cases of blatent non-compliance with court orders, for most cases I personally don't think it matters either way.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Just to add that in most SCT claims the DJ will recommend mediation for both parties..... irrespective.... before allocating the claim to track.So it would be advisable to tick yes.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Just because they have not complied to your request does not mean that there is no documentation.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes at the appropriate stage of the proceedings...a civil procedure request is just that ...civil.........they dont have to comply pre defence.