car insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I want to ask maybe somebody know can i not to renewal and cancel my car insurance if accident case still is open is not my fault hit and run....insurance send me a letter with new price for next year and is to much to pay 225 pounds in month for car insurance....

thank you for your help

Hello,

I want to ask maybe somebody know can i not to renewal and cancel my car insurance if accident case still is open is not my fault hit and run....insurance send me a letter with new price for next year and is to much to pay 225 pounds in month for car insurance....

thank you for your help

What type of insurance do you have? Third party, Third party fire & theft, or fully comprehensive?

First 2 dont cover damage by others, only damage to third parties as the wording implies, ie, you crash into someone, the insurance pays for their damage, you foot the repair bill for your own damage.

Did you hit someones car and drive off? Or did someone hit your car and drive off? If someone hit your car and drove off and your not fully comp, you foot the bill. I dont see why that would effect your premium though.

If you are fully comp, your damage will be repaired by your insurance company, but its classed as a claim so probably would effect your premium...depending on how much the damage cost to repair.

If you cancel your policy you have to pay the remainder of the policy cost....if you renew with another company you have to tell them about the accident

Edited by EssexRob

From your post in april

"" I WAS DRIVING TO WORK IN MORNING AND I STOP BY TRAFFIC ROUNDABOUT BECAUSE I NEED TO GO STRAIGHT AND I WAS IN FIRST LANE I STOP TO MAKE SURE IS SAFE TO DRIVE IN ROUNDABOUT. I START MOVING IN FIRST LANE ON ROUNDABOUT WHEN I FINISH MY MOVEMENT AND ROUNDABOUT WAS FINISHED AND THEN SILVER CAR COME FROM NO WHERE AND TRY TO GO IN FIRST LANE BUT IS NOT WAS SPACE FOR HIM BECAUSE IT WAS JUST ONE LANE NOW AND HE HIT ME ON MY DRIVER SIDE I STOP GET OUT FROM MY CAR BUT THAT DRIVER DON'T STOP HE DRIVE OFF FROM ACCIDENT. I FAST GO BACK TO MY CAR AND TRY TO CATCH HIM AND STOP, WHEN I STOP HIM I ASK WHY YOU DRIVE OFF FROM ACCIDENT AND HE START SCREAM ON ME WHAT IS MY FAULT BUT I SAID TO HIM HOW IS MY FAULT IF MY DRIVER SIDE IS DAMAGED AND AFTER THAT HE CHANGED MIND AND START SAYING MY FRIEND WAS WITTINESS AND SEE HOW I WAS IN WRONG LANE. AND AFTER I SAID TO HIM I RING TO POLICE WHEN I GO TO PICK UP PHONE FROM MY CAR HE JUST JUMP IN HIS CAR AND DRIVE OFF. I JUST REMEMBERED CAR NUMBER PLATE WHEN HE WAS DRIVING OFF.....""

It sounds like the insurance has decided it was your fault from your increased premium.You said late in the post you reported it to the police and gave the reg number of the other car to your insurance company, if your premium has gone up a lot then it means you were at fault i would think. Have you had nothing from your insurance company about the claim? They normally write and let you know what the decision was.

What type of insurance do you have? Third party, Third party fire & theft, or fully comprehensive?

First 2 dont cover damage by others, only damage to third parties as the wording implies, ie, you crash into someone, the insurance pays for their damage, you foot the repair bill for your own damage.

Did you hit someones car and drive off? Or did someone hit your car and drive off? If someone hit your car and drove off and your not fully comp, you foot the bill. I dont see why that would effect your premium though.

If you are fully comp, your damage will be repaired by your insurance company, but its classed as a claim so probably would effect your premium...depending on how much the damage cost to repair.

If you cancel your policy you have to pay the remainder of the policy cost....if you renew with another company you have to tell them about the accident

I have fully Comprehensive....no somebody hit me and drive off from accident...and i still not repair my car because is just drive side wing was damage and is still good to drive....what best way to do for me? because i dont want to pay so much money for insurance...

I have fully Comprehensive....no somebody hit me and drive off from accident...and i still not repair my car because is just drive side wing was damage and is still good to drive....what best way to do for me? because i dont want to pay so much money for insurance...

If your paying the extra because of the incident you may as well claim from your insurance for the damage to your vehicle.

Has the other party tried to claim from you?

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

If your paying the extra because of the incident you may as well claim from your insurance for the damage to your vehicle.

Has the other party tried to claim from you?

I don't know because that another party saying it is my fault that i hit and run from accident but my insurance saying its not my fault.....now like 6 months is going this think and still nothing done about it. And now send me a letter with my insurance price for next year because next month is running out is too much pay for car insurance 225 pounds in month....

From your post in april

"" I WAS DRIVING TO WORK IN MORNING AND I STOP BY TRAFFIC ROUNDABOUT BECAUSE I NEED TO GO STRAIGHT AND I WAS IN FIRST LANE I STOP TO MAKE SURE IS SAFE TO DRIVE IN ROUNDABOUT. I START MOVING IN FIRST LANE ON ROUNDABOUT WHEN I FINISH MY MOVEMENT AND ROUNDABOUT WAS FINISHED AND THEN SILVER CAR COME FROM NO WHERE AND TRY TO GO IN FIRST LANE BUT IS NOT WAS SPACE FOR HIM BECAUSE IT WAS JUST ONE LANE NOW AND HE HIT ME ON MY DRIVER SIDE I STOP GET OUT FROM MY CAR BUT THAT DRIVER DON'T STOP HE DRIVE OFF FROM ACCIDENT. I FAST GO BACK TO MY CAR AND TRY TO CATCH HIM AND STOP, WHEN I STOP HIM I ASK WHY YOU DRIVE OFF FROM ACCIDENT AND HE START SCREAM ON ME WHAT IS MY FAULT BUT I SAID TO HIM HOW IS MY FAULT IF MY DRIVER SIDE IS DAMAGED AND AFTER THAT HE CHANGED MIND AND START SAYING MY FRIEND WAS WITTINESS AND SEE HOW I WAS IN WRONG LANE. AND AFTER I SAID TO HIM I RING TO POLICE WHEN I GO TO PICK UP PHONE FROM MY CAR HE JUST JUMP IN HIS CAR AND DRIVE OFF. I JUST REMEMBERED CAR NUMBER PLATE WHEN HE WAS DRIVING OFF.....""

It sounds like the insurance has decided it was your fault from your increased premium.You said late in the post you reported it to the police and gave the reg number of the other car to your insurance company, if your premium has gone up a lot then it means you were at fault i would think. Have you had nothing from your insurance company about the claim? They normally write and let you know what the decision was.

No i have nothing about this claim i just fill up accident form and send me back and i don't get letter what saying is my fault i just get a letter with new price for next year for insurance, when last time i was on phone with my insurance they still waiting from answer from another part...and they said to me what is not my fault and they ask from another part to prove that is my fault....

Hi

I work in insurance claims, normally if you're Insurance company is still investigating the claim and trying to defend any claim the other part is making against you your No Claims Bonus will be disallowed. Once the claims is settled, if they have not paid anything out they should Allow the bonus. What I would say is your insurance company should be keeping you updated and should not accept fault without speaking to you first, ultimately they are dealing with the claim on your behalf.

I have to be honest thought often with cases like this they may be settled on what is known as a split liability, where each party accepts a certain amount of responsibility for the accident.

Fingers crossed for you