Me and Northern Rock [many merged threads]

Debvfm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done, great news:)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Good morning

After my success in Court on Wednesday I get in from work yesterday to a letter from NR confirming the arrangement.

However, they are demanding another £133.30 in addition to the agreement.

What can I do? The judge has already said that if payments are not paid on the 1st of every month then NR can seek possession without going back to court.

Your advice please?

Thanks

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

Well, I didn't think I would be back here again so soon!!

I went to court last year (August) regarding a enforced repossession order and it was suspended and a payment plan agreed by the District Judge.

Payments have been paid every month and we are currently waiting for Northern Rock to review compounding the arrears (taken three months). We made a late payment in April as my other half's work colleague died (he did the payroll, and wages were week late) but made two payments in May to bring us up to date. We have also paid amounts over the arrangement to help bring the arrears down.

On Tuesday we received a letter informing us that NRAM are enforcing the repossession. When I called them I was told that as there was no formal arrangement in place they were going for repossession. I asked if there was anything we could do and were told to supply wage slips bank statements etc., They did this to us last time and gave us the false hope that they would cancel it but at last minute said only payment of full arrears amount would stop it. I have spoken to them for an hour today and even though the arrears have gone down by £3,000 they say this is not enough and they want the whole amount of £18,000.

I am at my wits end with them, how can this be allowed and what do you think a judge will say when he sees all the payments have been made and NRAM are the ones being awkward. They are confident as they will slap the court charges onto our arrears and earn even more money from our misery!!!

All advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Unbelievable ! if you have made payments in accordance with the order the judge gave at the hearing, how on earth do NRAM think they are going to get possession ?and what do they mean there is no formal arrangement in place - how much more formal can you get than a judge? they cannot ask you to pay more than the court order

- if they do go for possession we will help you defend and look forward to the judge giving them a very hard time! and they won't get to add legal costs to your account as they are bringing the action without cause.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I'm so glad you agree with me Ell-enn as usual you are a wonderful support!! Thank you.

We entered into a new arrangement once the one the judge inforced expired for £200 less than the judges arrangement which NRAM agreed as this would be around the repayment once the arrears were compounded. We were told it would take 7 days to confirm the compounding of the loan but some three months later we have heard nothing!!

How can they be allowed to be such bullies? It made myself and my partner so ill last time and they seem hell bent on a rerun!! I have been told the only way to cancel eviction is to pay whole amount. I spent an hour on the phone with them today being kept on hold for most of the call whilst the young lady checked with her manager. They ran through income/expenditure with me, then asked for the wage slips and bank statements, when I asked if this would stop court action was told no!! Why ask then?? They did this last time to try and drag out the process leaving us to see a judge half an hour before the eviction. I will never forgive them for the stress and worry they cause wish I could take legal action against them!!!

Did you get the new arragement in writing from them and also confirmation regarding capitalising the arrears? what do you mean the judge's arrangement expired?

Hi yeah we have the arrangement in writing but they say we broke it in April because of the late payment. This was made up early May then another payment for May at the end of the month.

The judge made the enforcement for three months and when we questioned this the judge said just keep paying them and they would have no reason to go back to court.

I just don't understand this at all!! Apparently someone reviewed it and as there was no formal agreement in place in June they have decided to enforce repossession.

Amazingly I got a letter yesterday informing me that they get busy on the last day of the month so to make our payment early to save their poor busy staff!!

We have one late payment and that is it which was explained fully at the time.

They will not budge on this so unless I can find £18K we are back to court!!:sad:

I think it would be a good idea to go back to court ! If you have £80 it would be worth applying on an N244 to get before the judge and put your side of the story before NR issue further proceedings. That way you can get a payment arrangement formalised by the court and if you keep to it there is nothing NR can do about it. If you can prove all the payments you have made and show the court their letter regarding the arrangement then you will have the judge on your side.

Hi

I have all the statements here! That will be my next move I don't think my nerves will be able to stand another scenario like last time!

Do they not care about what this does to people??

Glad us tax payers bailed them out, for us to be treated like this, after all most of the blame for the country's financial situation lies firmly with them!!!

And the arrears have gone down in 9 months by £3k I just don't understand why they are doing this!!

My thanks to you

Give me a shout if you need a hand with the wording for the N244

No problem - I like to give these lenders as much grief as they dish out !

Hi

Well, I have arrived home from work to receive the formal eviction letter with the date 13th July. Nothing from the court yet though.

Lets hope the 13th won't be unlucky for me but for Northern Rock!!

Lets hope I win the Lottery then I can tell them where to stick it!!

OK, N244 time ! I have affixed one to this post for you. Let me know if you need help with the statement for Q10.

n244_0400.pdf

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone. Well, it looks like I spoke too soon regarding these people. My partner and I have been paying under the arrangement and have not missed one payment in over two years, bringing the arrears down by some 6k. All was going well until I lost my job at the end of August, I called NR to explain the situation and paid £1,000, and agreed to pay £300 on top of the usual payment to clear up the shortfall. I was told to go through an income/expenditure form, (where the call centre operative told me that as I was earning more I needed to pay more) but to make the payment at the end of October and they would then make a new arrangement. Oh if only ..........

In the post today I get a letter from Wallers their solicitors saying they are applying to enforce the Order for Possession. You can imagine how I feel when some 20 minutes after the postman the Bailiff then drops in the Eviction Order.

I know that it will mean another day in Court but I am not sure that I can do this anymore, the arrears are going down I haven't missed a payment and it seems that all these lenders want to do is see hard working people out of their homes.

I cannot go to Court until next week to ask for a hearing can anyone please advise?

Many thanks and apologies if I should have added this to my previous threads of over a year ago.

Hi there, i cany offer any advise, i have also had my eviction date yesterday...but if it helps a little you are not alone, i am beginning to wonder if living in a cardboard box would be less stressfull than all this. Life has its ways of testing us and in this world it seems we are just numbers and thats it.

i have no idea what i need to do and am eagerly waiting for Ellen to pop into this board and offer her wobderfull advice, which i no without doubt she will give you also.

anyway i just wanted to say hello and share this stressfull time.

Hi Deb - I remember your case - what happened after your last thread ? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?310531-NRAM-Repossession-Deja-Vu-Please-help-us!! I can't find an update.... did NR cancel the eviction?

Hi, we went to Court where the judge told Northern Rock(solicitor) in no uncertain terms not to do this again to us. They then bleated on about negative equity etc and the Judge then said well you lent the money you only have yourselves to blame. No payments have been missed since until this recent one. I will be paying the full payment (plus the shortfall) next week. Thank you.

OK, well obviously you need to point out to the judge this time that despite what he said they have done it again. Do you need help with the N244?