Re: LDK Parking Ticket for shearclass

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow!

I am in exactly the same boat! Similar issues, similar letters, same car park! I found this thread through google.

I apologise for the lengthy first post:

Like the OP, I received letters from LDK security, and then from Ethical Debt Recovery, and now more recently bpcollins.

I wonder if it was my letters that were included in your envelope, as the latest letter I received from bpcollins was dated 30 April 2013, and demanded payment on "4pm on ," - no specified day!

The difference between me and the OP was that i didn't pay. I had been visting my granda frequently, most days, and paying the ticket as usual. He was pretty ill, and had a leg amputated. However one saturday night, I was running late. It was dark and wet and I only had about 30 mins of visting time remaining. As i drove into the car park, i ploughed into an unseen pothole which made quite a bang with my car. I was annoyed by this, and as I didn't have the right money to pay the minimum fare, and I was only staying for 30 mins, I decided to risk not getting a ticket.

Unbelievably, despite the fact that there was literally just 2 other cars in the car park due to it being a wet miserable saturday night, (around about the same time as the OP) someone had come and given me a ticket.

apart from the proximity to the hospital, the car park is in the middle of nowhere. It is a dump, full of pot holes, muddy, no parking bays. Basically just wasteland with a sign stuck in the ground. If I hadn't ploughed into a pot hole i would have paid the ticket, and I stress i paid every other time I had used the car park. I would happily pay whatever fee it is for 30 min stay in that place, but I am no way wanting to pay £170!

Now I could use some help, as I have totally ignored the letters I have received.

I could possibly have appealed, as my parents were in the car park at a similar time to me, and they had paid for their ticket, which (I think) I have kept somewhere. I had considered saying it had fallen off the dashboard. I guess I must be too late to appeal now though, as this was towards the end of 2012, and I was only given a set period of time in which to protest.

LDK initially spelt my name correctly, but 'Ethical debt collection' and 'bp collins spelt it incorrectly'. Would this make any difference? Is this a genuine excuse for me ignoring the letters?

Do you think I should follow the same advice you have given the OP, and just ignore these now? Or Should i still try to appeal as advised in an earlier thread?

I had started to get concerned by the threatening letters, but finding thsi site and this thread has made me feel calmer about it all. Thank you.

Well defo make a small donation to this site once this is all concluded.

Thanks for moving the post here. Not sure if I have anything more to add really, I'll update here if i get summoned to court, but for now, unless anyone has any questions, I'll just see if I get anything more through the post.

Thanks all.

Why bother giving them any credibility for their actions by mitigating your actions. If you want to write to them then tell them that it is a disputed debt and any further correspondence will result in a complaint to the reguklatory bodies for harassment.

Never ever contact Debt Collectors they are powerless to do anything to you and any contact will simply convince them you are a 'live one' and ready to finance their lifestyle.

Just ignore this and it should go away, if you are one the very few who receive stamped official court papers then come back here for the defence which the PPC cannot argue against.

• 5 months later...

Hi shearclass and all!

I'm pleased I found this thread. I've been at this car park today and received a fine.

I actually tried to pay but 1 machine said out of order and the other wasn't accepting money. There were lots of people hanging around concerned but we were running to an appointment in the hospital so I took number from the board and called them.

I was advised by the customer services to walk back to car park and use mobile to pay from number on machine.

I explained I wanted to pay over phone with her but she insisted she could not take payment and I was to walk back to car. At this point I advised I was calling her to advise HER machines were out of order and I wasn't going to be late for a hospital app for the sake of £2!

On returning to the car mine along with many others were ticketed.

This is despite us writing a note displaying on windscreen that machines were out if order and what time I entered car park.

I'm actually furious they are charging me £60 or £30 if I pay in 14 days for their issue.

My friends advise me to ignore it. I keep reading that letters will come but will at some point stop.

Please can anyone advise???

Tilly x

Hi Tilly,

Others may disagree but this is what I would do.

1. Appeal the ticket to LDK and when it comes back as rejected, ignore. This just wastes their time

As far as I can tell LDK are not part of POPLA so no appeal there.

There is nothing they can do, especially if they are not the land owner. Only the land owner OR their agents (if allowed in the contract) can take action

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Firstly it is NOT A FINE!! It is a speculative invoice which you do not have to pay

You can ignore or you can hover your mouse over the word ignore and follow that advice

Ignore is old advice now and personally I prefer to send an appeal to the PPC which will get refused - do not misunderstand this, there is NO appeals process for PPC's, they simply reject your appeal and tell you so but...

With your rejected appeal they have to provide you with a POPLA number which you then use to appeal and give the circumstances of the reason for the PPC raising their invoice and in this case as their machines were not working they haven't got a leg to stand on, however...

Remember to include in your POPLA appeal the request for a breakdown of costs to show that the invoice is an accurate representation of their losses and not just some random figure that is a punitive amount - this they cannot do and POPLA should allow your appeal, but...

If POPLA don't allow your appeal then it is only binding on the PPC and not you, you can then ignore, sit back and wait to see if the PPC send official stamped court papers, if they do then you enter the defence in the stickies (basically the same reasons as in your POPLA) and it is likley the PPC will pull out before it goes to court, if...

It goes to court then there are plenty of previous examples heard at County Court where these charges have been declared unenforceable by Judges and the case will be dismissed andat that point you can claim your costs - the fun part!