• Tweets

• go do a Direct Debit Guarantee Clawback to your bank if you've now got control of his bank account finny.
    • Hello, Just to check I understand things right, he moved to a nursing home, you then kept paying the rent for a period of time whilst you sorted his belongings. You have asked to give notice and asked for backdated payments of rent from when you first asked which went ignored? They are still taking rent payments.   Have I understood correct?   If I've got anything wrong please correct me.
    • I contacted Sanctury housing in August 2023 after informing them my father in law who had Dementia had moved into a Nursing home December 2022. We kept the flat for 8 months until such a time we could accomodate some of his furniture that my wife wanted to keep. I contacted them in August 2023 to let them know the situation by email as I was the named person that could speak on his behalf. I informed them that we had left it to late for POT and were seeing a solicitor for Deputyship of his financies. I asked them what information would they need in order to give notice on the flat and we could provide details of his condition and nursing home. This went ignored I left it a month and then called them October 2023. I was promised a call back from a manager over the next few days. This never happened and it was end of November when I contacted them again and they had no record of me calling them. I explained the email and again I was told the local manager to the area would call me. This never happened and I ended up emailing them in January 2024 with a copy of the email from August. Again this went ignored and I had explained to them that we couldn't just go to the bank and stop the DD as we had tried. This email again went ignored. I then had a letter written to our home address in February asking us to get in contact with them (local manager) as they were concerend nobody was living in the flat. He had an email address so I copied in the last 2 emails to say I had been trying to give notice since August 2023. I also stated that I would like the rent that was paid from August 2023 refunded back to his account as I had officially tried to give notice then and it went ignored. He replied to us about wanting to look at the flat then notice could be given once he had contacted the nursing home to confirm he was actually living there now. Notice was giving for the 22 March 2024 and this would be when rent would stop and no further payment would be taken by this point. The fact I asked to be back dated went ignored. I have since noticed on 2 banks statement for April and May that they are still taking Rent payments of £501 from his bank. Further to this which seems very strange. He was with Eon Next for his utility bill again we were having problems getting this stopped as they needed a named person on his account which there wasn't one despite me managing his online account for him. I didn't check the email address that often that I used to set it up and went to check as noticed the credit he had built up with not living there was all getting refunded in February. The email said £600 would be refunded to his account with a (sorry you are leaving us message) but how can he leave as nobody but himself had access to speak with them. I also noticed the lady in the flat above him had a letter from her bank sent to his address with his address details but his name which was dated 4th March well before we had given notice and it said (thank you for giving us your new address details) we have set all this up for your account.   So Sanctuary housing must have been aware he wasn't living there from the ignored emails for the lady above to start changing address details to move into his flat before the housing manager had even got in contact to ask if anyone was living there. What I basically want to know his do we have any legal standing to claim the rent back from when I first contacted them in August 2023? There is roughly £3000 to come back  
    • lowell letter = we've mugged you once - why are you not paying this other debt....😎
    • i see you are posting this all over the internet too. here you say it was returned by the safety camera dept UK, Wales Returned NIP Nov23 - Heard Nothing - Now It's been returned as refused and have SJPN Form. Help please? WWW.FTLA.UK UK, Wales Returned NIP Nov23 - Heard Nothing - Now It's been returned as refused and have SJPN Form. Help please?  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

using someone elses freedom pass

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I borrowed my mums freedom pass yesterday and got on the bus. The driver said he would let me on but warned me that if a inspector got on they could cancel my mums card.

Im really worried in case they have cancelled it or the bus driver has either reported it or cancellation it himself.

my mum really needs her card so im so worried. Can the bus driver cancel her card? Or am i very lucky and it was just a warning! Please help :/ thank you

Edited by xabbix

very lucky

don't worry

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, i hope this is in the right place!

I borrowed my mums freedom pass yesterday and got on the bus. The driver said he would let me on but warned me that if a inspector got on they could cancel my mums card.

Im really worried in case they have cancelled it or the bus driver has either reported it or cancellation it himself.

my mum really needs her card so im so worried. Can the bus driver cancel her card? Or am i very lucky and it was just a warning! Please help :/ thank you

Hello there.

Yes, it sounds as if you were lucky, but I really recommend you never use the pass again.

Have a read around the forum about the trouble people have got into for using a Freedom Pass that wasn't theirs. You can be taken to court and fined hundreds for doing this. Plus your Mum would have aggro trying to get her pass back or getting a new one.

You're the first case I've read on the forum where the bus driver let someone travel and warned them what could happen without doing anything else. Did they take any of your information like name and address and do you still have the pass please?

You need to understand that Freedom Passes are funded by taxpayers and the authorities take a very dim view of people abusing them.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I was wondering if whether a driver could report someone for fare dodging/using someone else's pass

I'm not sure, someone will know, but how is he going to report you if he doesn't have your details?

If you have a history of doing this it might be different, I suppose.

HB

I was wondering if whether a driver could report someone for fare dodging/using someone else's pass

They can withdraw tickets and submit a report to their own revenue protection teams and/or TfL. Combined with the CCTV, they'd probably stand a good chance of catching somebody.

That said, it seems as though your bus driver chose not to do this and you've gotten lucky. Somewhat irritates me that you don't seem to be particularly remorseful, just worried about being caught...

I was once accused of stealing someones pass. It had my name and photo on it... It sounded in my case as though the driver believed I wasn't disabled, therefore, not entitled to the pass that the council had given me.

They can withdraw tickets and submit a report to their own revenue protection teams and/or TfL. Combined with the CCTV, they'd probably stand a good chance of catching somebody.

I am remorseful and deeply disturbed by the fact its a criminal offence which i was ignorant to. If i recieved a conviction my whole career would be out the window and the years of studying and hardwork would have been for nothing.

But i did not come on here for people to judge me or to make people feel sorry 4 me. I came for unbiased advice and non-judgement, it is also very hard to show remorse via a internet forum. Therefore i apologise for not seeming remorseful but i really am.

Thank you for your reply.

That said, it seems as though your bus driver chose not to do this and you've gotten lucky. Somewhat irritates me that you don't seem to be particularly remorseful, just worried about being caught...

And just for background information, i rarely ever get the bus, usually i drive everywhere. It was my first time getting on a bus for over a year. I live in the middle of nowhere and the local shops all shut at 5. After a few drinks and at half 10 at night i had to go out, i couldn't drive to get to a busier town to top up my oyster card due to drinking (the nearest town is at least a 2 hour walk through country lanes) and did not have enough money for a cab (at least 25 to nearest town). I also have one bus an hour so in a panic my mum lent me her card and i ran all the way to the bus stop. I am not a repeat offender and if i had time to stop and think i would not have taken it, if i had known earlier i would have to go out i would have topped up my card in preparation.

i was actually a lot more worried about my mum than me as i assumed the offence was a fine only, after reading posts on this site i see how wrong i was and wish i knew how serious of an offence it was.

I am deeply grateful to the bus driver and thank him so much for warning me, it gave me a real wake up call and taught me a lesson i will never forget.

Maybe regular users of public transport know of the seriousness of this offence, for people who use public transport so rarely it would be useful if there was a greater emphasis on just how serious this offence could be.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Maybe regular users of public transport know of the seriousness of this offence, for people who use public transport so rarely it would be useful if there was a greater emphasis on just how serious this offence could be.

Thank you everyone for your help.

I am fortunate that it had been very rare for me to be involved in situations which have deteriorated into violence.

Accordingly, imagine my surprise when I discovered that if someone dies as a result of an incident of a violent nature, that it might be murder or manslaughter (unless I had a statutory defence such as "self defence").

Clearly : Reducto ab absurdum, but it makes the point.

Using your logic, should it be that we should rely on regular brawlers to educate me : or how about I do my research and not rely on others to warn me of the obvious.

Using someone else's concessionairy pass is a form of fraud.

The fact that the card is supplied with a photo card is a giveaway that it is for only that person's use : let alone the terms & conditions they agree to.

I'm all for "user education" : but this isn't some "nit-picking" Byelaw : it should be self evident it is a form of fraudulent misuse of a pass.

I'm beginning to get a bit fed up and frustrated with this site. People come on here seeking help after they have made a mistake either through ignorance or a deliberate offence and people are all to ready to demonise those who are vulnerable. Everyone has made a mistake either via speeding or another minor offence.

murder is a very serious offence, it is silly to compare.

I have found this site has a few good people who are un-biased and helpful but like firstclass and bazzaS sound as if they are all too ready to judge.

I have already sent a request to delete my account which has been ignored. Therefore if any administrators see this, please delete me.

And bazzaS, im sure you are aware of the general defence of mistake within the criminal law, if your not then a mistake is a denial of mens rea. If the offence requires proof of intention, knowingly or subsequent recklessness then a mistake will suffice. And that's a subjective test btw!

Hello there. This is your original post

I and others have tried to reassure you that the events you describe are unlikely to lead to you being reported. If you are, then you can come back here and we'll advise you on a reply if you think it would help.

We don't normally remove threads unless it's for legal reasons, it's site policy.

If you like, the thread can be closed if you don't want to continue the legal argument.

HB

Thanks for your reply. I was reassured on the first day i posted and that isn't my issue. Its just the people who make negative comments, i just feel its really unnecessary for people to try and belittle others when they want help.

It would be useful if you could close this post but i would be very grateful if you could delete my membership too.

Thanks for your reply. I was reassured on the first day i posted and that isn't my issue. Its just the people who make negative comments, i just feel its really unnecessary for people to try and belittle others when they want help.

It would be useful if you could close this post but i would be very grateful if you could delete my membership too.

Why? Because you are not hearing what you want to hear? You (by your own admission) abused a scheme which is purely provided for those that are entitled to it. So why are you surprised at getting 'negative comments'. Speaking as an ex-bus driver myself, I am astonished that one of my 'colleagues' would of turned a blind eye in this way. The driver is entitled to withdraw any pass which he has reason to believe is being miss-used. He then has to submit a report along with the complete pass (photo card also if applicable) to his manager. This is then investigated as if it were submitted by an inspector and followed up by the appropriate action.

The concessionary scheme costs each LA millions per year and is probably one of the biggest burdens to the council tax payer. So i'm sorry, don't come on here expecting any sympathy or help if you choose to deliberately abuse it. We are not here to condone fraud. We are here to assist in genuine cases where people may have made a mistake.

Like i said before i do not want sympathy, i came for a couple of answers end off.

I knew it was wrong and people saying it is wrong is fine. What isnt fine is the rudeness and tone, just like yours! You should remember the saying that if you have nothing nice to say then do not say it at all. and im not just talking about my post. I've gone on posts where people ate deeply sorry and have seen comments such as 'i hope they throw the book at you', that's internet bullying and thats why i wish to leave this site!

all i wanted when i came on here was just general knowledge, no advice, not to make people feel sorry for me.

Err, I didn't say "I hope they throw the book at you" and I wasn't being rude, just telling you how it is. I also answered your question in regards to what action a bus driver can take, so I have satisfied your query anyway. Perhaps if you don't want to hear these things, then perhaps you should of thought twice about abusing the system in the first place. AND if you ever would of ended up in court, I think you would find yourself being told a few home truths by the mags as well! Would you regard that as bullying as well?

No and that comment about throwing the book wasnt re this post or re you, like i said its been on other peoples post. I have looked at quite a few other posts on here and im disgusted by how horrible people have been to the original poster when they have stated very clearly that they are distressed.

Thank you for answering my query but your tone is clearly not pleasant and as i repeat its not people saying stuff which is negative, i am now fully aware of the seriousness. Whats getting to me is how belittling people are when this is meant to be a help site.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks