Capquest / Bank of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm new to this site and I'm wondering if anyone can help me please

I defaulted on a loan that I had with Bank of Scotland in 2007.

The debt was eventually passed on to Capquest and I agreed to pay them £10 per month which I have been doing ever since.

For the first time in years I have just looked on my credit report and there is no mention of either Bank of Scotland or Capquest anywhere on the report, my question is... Do I keep paying the £10 per month or stop the direct debit? I have had no correspondence whatsoever from capquest for years and as I'm thinking of applying for a debt relief order I could do with knowing where I stand with this debt

Many thanks in advance for your help

The debt may have defaulted early 2007 and therefore have come off your record after the usual 6 years. As you have been paying the debt, it is not statute barred and they could enforce in court.

You should be receiving a regular statement of account to show how much debt is still outstanding.

Suggest sending a CCA request to CapQuest, per the linked letter below, for which you will need to include a postal order of £1 as the fee for CapQuest to action the request.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread