Lowells/Littlewoods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm just looking for a bit of advise as I'm unsure what to do.

Here goes I recently DPA'D Littlewoods (the one where you pay the £10 fee) They sent me all the info etc.

I tried to reclaim back £240 in late payment fee's (they were all £12 fees) and was told no.

I sent them an LBA letter four weeks ago threatening court action received a reply still saying no get in touch with the FOS.

Anyway 2 weeks later which was this Friday just gone the 12/4/13 I received a letter from Lowell's saying that they had purchased my debt from Littlewoods and that I had have pay them the £288 instead of Littlewoods. Part of this was for some goods however littlewoods have added approx. £200 in late payment fees over the past year which is why this has got this high.

Please help as I am now totally unsure what I need to do.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. And Thanks In Advance

If you have sent an lba then the next step is to issue against them.

Have you prepared a spreadsheet of claim so that you know the exact amount you are claiming including the interest?

Hi, Sorry to keep asking but do I fill the N1 court forms in and use money claim online? and should I also write to Lowell's to say the account is in dispute and not to write again until the dispute has been sorted? After checking my emails last night Lowell's had emailed me pretty much the same as the letter they sent me.

Thanks Again In Advance

Thank you I will do that this evening when I have a bit more time. I have been out this morning came and pressed 1471 on my landline had a number call I didn't recognise so google'd it and it was Lowell's!! I think I may just tell them if they call again they have the wrong number I may end up saying something to them I may later regret lol. Thanks Again for your advice :)

Hello sorry to be a pain again.

I have started to fill the MCOL claim in online.

I'm unsure what date to put in for the date the amount the money became owed to me and what daily rate of interest figure to fill in.

Again any help will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks In Advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I filed an MCOL on the 17th April received a letter from court a few days ago to say my claim was posted to Littlewoods on the 18th April and would be deemed as served from the 23rd April. I have today recieved another letter from the court to advise that Littlewoods intend to defend in full and have a further 28 days to respond.

Has anybody had any expereience with taking on Littlewoods if so what do I need to expect and do I have to do anything myself in the 28 days.

Thanks in advance :)

They now have 28 days to file their defence and a copy will be sent to you.

Being prepared is an essential part of this so you will need to start researching what you are going to put in your witness statement and the items you will need for your court bundle.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi need help asap please.

Last week I received an email from Littlewoods solicitor asking me to call them to discuss a settlement. I emailed to say that I would only deal with them via email or post but I was open to any settlement suggestions!

The 28 days is up this coming Tuesday.

Today I have received another email stating as my account has been bought by Lowell's legally the defendant IE Littlewoods doesn't have to answer this case, however as gesture of good will they will buy the account back and clear my balance off of £288.

I would like my court costs back at least lol I originally asked for just over £400 and am currently charging 7p a day daily interest rate.

Any advice on what to reply back or how to take this forward would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance