BT compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was moving house on Feb 7th so I used the BT website to start the home move on Jan 15th.

I received messages saying the order was complete & I moved in on Feb 7th to find the phone was working but no broadband.

I complained & they said there had been an error & they would have to make a new order for me & it would be 7 days.

On day 7 they messaged me to say it was all working. It was not.

I called again to be told there was a fault on the line & I would have to wait 7 days for an engineer.

Then the phone stopped working.

They cancelled the engineer as the phone had a fault.

After 22 days of this nonsense an engineer finally came round & said it was all fixed & told me what the problem was. Apparently the previous tenant had not been paying the bills & BT had placed a block on the line. He said they could have fixed it the first day I called as it was on the computer system & there was no need for me to be unconnected for so long.

As I am disabled & rely on the internet for my son & I to get food, gas, etc this was a nightmare month for us. BT assured me I would be compensated.

When I got the next bill they had only knocked £11 off the bill.

How can I go about asking for compensation as the mobile calls made were more than £11 & I don't see why I should be out of pocket because of their mistakes. They had over a month from the point I initiated my home move & they messed it up all the way through.

And to make things worse it has started playing up again this week. I have now been 4 days without being able to open Gmail due to connectivity issues. But I am still paying then £45 pm. I'm really not happy with their service.

Thanks

Edited by no1mum