Housing Benefit due to end.

mpbdsnu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you are in receipt of any benefits like JSA/ESA/DLA then you will need to send in a change of circumstances to your local ctax/housing benfit dept and state that you are getting these benefits, do this straight away if you are on them now

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I received a letter stating my Housing Benefit would end in December. I hope to have a job before then but what if I don't get a job? Is there any other benefit I can claim instead?

Housing Benefit is normally just an ongoing award until there is a change that brings it to an end, is there an expected change in december? what explanation has been given for it ending in december?

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

The letter just states that "as a result of a change in your circumstances we will stop taking this money from your Jobseeker's Allowance on 5 December 2013."

I just took it that Housing Benefit for the homeowner is a temporary benefit, and it comes to an end then? But its after then that I'm worried about? I am on jobseekers allowance and have been for 16 moths, my wife is a pensioner.

homeowners are not entitled to housing benefit in respect of a property they own

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

are you sure it is housing benefit which is paid by the council?

or is it mortgage interest assistance paid by the DWP?

Perhaps its the latter then? I thought it was the same as I originally made a claim for Housing Benefit?

It does state in the heading " Mortgage/Home loan interest payments."

So what's the difference then? Can they just stop it in this way?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Perhaps its the latter then? I thought it was the same as I originally made a claim for Housing Benefit?

It does state in the heading " Mortgage/Home loan interest payments."

So what's the difference then? Can they just stop it in this way?

Yes, it sounds like SMI (Support for Mortgage Interest), paid to those on means tested benefits such as JSA(IB). If the payments started after January 2009, they will be limited to 2 years.

Does your wife receive any pension income? Would she possibly be able to claim State Pension Credit for the two of you?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I will look into whether the wife can claim state pension credit for the two of us.

So, I take thats it after the two years we lose our house?

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I will look into whether the wife can claim state pension credit for the two of us.

So, I take thats it after the two years we lose our house?

If your wife is able to claim SPC she could also claim SMI. There is no time limit to SMI when paid as part of an SPC claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.