• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Suga1982 v The Bank

suga1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started my claim monday and it has just been issued, they have until 28th to respond.

They did ring me today to come for an account review so I said I will be busy until july so ring me then Lol.

They think if I go in they can badger me to forget my claim so I am staying well away.

Good luck with yours i will be keeping an eye on your claim for updates.

Puff

Lloyds tsb current acc.

5/4/06 Data Protection Act request sent.

25/4/06 Received information

25/4/06 £202 owing requested back with Prelim letter sent today.

Refusal of refund.

9/5/06 Moneyclaim started.

13/6/06 28 days expire with money claim.

8/6/06 defence received.

Won!!! 18/7/06 PAID IN FULL!!

Lloyds tsb credit cards. mine + husbands

5/4/06 Data Protection Act request sent

30/5/06 statement received and prelim letter for refunds sent.

9/6/06 my refund request refused.

Lloyds credit cards moneyclaims filed today 9/8/06

Claim no: mine 6QZ53185 acknowleged 11/8/06

Claim no:husband 6QZ54192 acknowleged 17/8/06

My claim 6QZ53185 court allocation questioner received 13/09/06

WON!!! 10/12/06 £303

;)

Husbands claim 6QZ54192 court questioneer received 23/09/06

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My claim was started on monday and was issued yesterday, they have until 28th may to respond.

They did ask me to come in for an account review today but I said I will be busy until and ring me then Lol.

They think they can talk me out of going ahead with my claim.

Good luck with yours ,we are all in this together.

Puff

Lloyds tsb current acc.

5/4/06 Data Protection Act request sent.

25/4/06 Received information

25/4/06 £202 owing requested back with Prelim letter sent today.

Refusal of refund.

9/5/06 Moneyclaim started.

13/6/06 28 days expire with money claim.

8/6/06 defence received.

Won!!! 18/7/06 PAID IN FULL!!

Lloyds tsb credit cards. mine + husbands

5/4/06 Data Protection Act request sent

30/5/06 statement received and prelim letter for refunds sent.

9/6/06 my refund request refused.

Lloyds credit cards moneyclaims filed today 9/8/06

Claim no: mine 6QZ53185 acknowleged 11/8/06

Claim no:husband 6QZ54192 acknowleged 17/8/06

My claim 6QZ53185 court allocation questioner received 13/09/06

WON!!! 10/12/06 £303

;)

Husbands claim 6QZ54192 court questioneer received 23/09/06

Hi,

Im a bit ahead of you guys. My Moneyclaim has been acknowledged by Lloyds and have till 28th May - i think - awaiting a court questionnaire at the moment - dont ask me what this is - only have read about it on other threads - so waiting this at the moment. There are loads of us going through Moneyclaim - you can see their particulars in the threads - Litigation - hope this helps.

Lorraine.

Halifax - Since 2003 £1,186 DPA Request: 24.03.06

PRL - sent Recorded 05.04.06

Letter received 07.04.06 - Thanks but No thanks

LBA - 20.04.06 Refused Money Claim filed 08.05.06

Served 14.05 Acknowledged 16.05.06 - 28 days to go

:D WON - PAID IN FULL 25.05.06

Lloyds [/i]- Since 2000 £780.31 - DPA Request: 23.03.06

PRL - sent recorded 10.04.2006

Letter Rec'd 13.04 - Not interested

LBA - 13.04.06 Money Claim filed 25.04.06

Served 01.05.06 & Acknowledged 03.05.06. - 28 days to go

Defence received 25.05 - Here we go

hi all, i'm a newbie, i have sent one letter asking for bank charges / statements and then another asking for around £1600 back. they have replied saying no and telling me to consider stopping banking with them. i left them over a year ago. what do i do now? do i reply to the letter giving them longer or do i go straight to moneyclaim? help please im lost!!

Claim started 16th may.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update to let you know that i received a Defench latter from the bank dated 1st June 2006 and now waiting for the Allocation Questionaire.

I read up on the Money Claim site that if your claiming £1500 or under you dont have to pay the fee for the allocation questionaire, is this right????

• 3 weeks later...

Now you stare down the solicitors and wait for them to send you a settlement offer ;)

Best be prepared though, start gathering the materials you will need to present to the judge and getting your case ready. There's plenty of help doing so in the Library :)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Seems to vary from case to case suga. Some people recieve a settlement offer prior to the Allocation Questionnaire, others seem to get it after. I'm 99% sure in saying that Lloyd's solicitors have not allowed one single case to go to court.

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Morning Ladies and Gents

Received a letter from Martineau Johnson this morning, after receiving my court date yesterday.

The letter basically says that they will be defending themselfs all the way in court!!!!

Then it goes on and on about bank charges and how your notified blah blah blah

But...

At the bottom on the letter it says:

Looking ahead, a situation which gives rise to a dispute is not one the bank wishes to continue. In view of this, you are resquested, within the next 14 days, to make contact with ****** ***** at the Thetford branch, on ***** ******, to review your account. A review may be useful to consider whether alternative banking arrabgemants would be more appropriate to meet your needs.

We await confirmation from the Bank that this action has been taken.

HELP ME PLEASE WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN????

Thanks

It sounds to me like pure intimidation. What they are saying is (and this is my opinion only) carry on with this action and we will close your account. Personnally I wouldnt phone them. I would stick to my timetable and see it through.

I think we are going to see more and more of this as time goes on. They say in the letter that they will defend, they wont, which is why they are threatening you like this.

Its really up to you what you want to do. Hopefully someone else will come along with a bit more knowledge than me but I hope this helps a bit.

Good luck

Woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I was asked to go for a review about a month ago, so i went down there with my son and my pregnant bump to be told i wasted my time in going!!!! So what's the point in going again!!!

Judging from the last paragraph Suga, it looks to me as though they want to offer you settlement but are taking a different track from their usual 2-letters-in-1-envelope method. Previously you'd get a letter similar to what you describe, and in the same envelope another letter offering you full settlement with 4 or 5 conditions attached - one of which is an account review.

To me it smells as though they're trying a new method - dropping the other conditions (which a lot of people were crossing out when returning their signed settlement offer), but requiring people to attend an account review before offering the settlement.

This letter I've just knocked together might be worthwhile.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I thank you for your notification of your intent to defend your position, in addition to the copy of the defense I recieved from yourselves.

I note with interest your comments that "Looking ahead, a situation which gives rise to a dispute is not one the bank wishes to continue." Should you be willing to offer a full and final settlement for this claim of £xxxx.xx, I will be willing to attend an account review with xxxxxx at xxxxxx branch at xxxx time on xxxxx date (NB: Fill this in yourself - YOU set the timeline, remember!).

At this juncture I would like to note that an account review I attended very recently was met with relative disregard, and I was effectively informed I was wasting my time. As a pregnant woman of x months, with a young child of x years, I am certain you can appreciate that attending an account review is unfortunately not a simple matter for me. I sincerely hope that another account review will not be met in the same fashion.

As mentioned, I am however willing to attend a review, but only after the full and final settlement for this claim of £xxxx.xx has been credited to my account. I will then inform the county court that settlement has been reached, and cancel my claim.

Yours faithfully,

suga1982

Something to that effect should be worthwhile sending them. Note that you do not even have to agree to an account review - but for ease of the settlement it may be worthwhile.

All that said, you may want to start preparing your case to present to the judge - just in case. The mods have a lot of materials available to help you do so - if in doubt, PM one or two of them and I'm sure they'll be willing to help :)

Edit: One or two minor changes in the letter.

Remember it is worth opening up a parachute account if you don't already have one.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yep that right got my settlement letter this morning with the usual rubbish conditions!!!

What should i do now guys??? Also i want to claim a further £30 back which they not long took off me

Any help would be greatful

Six threads merged - please do not start a new thread for each question/update

Have they offered you full settlement?

If so, accept the offer but cross out all the conditions you don't agree with.

Forget about the £30 - it will cost you £35 to amend the claim so you would be £5 out of pocket. When you have received your settlement, start the process again to reclaim the £30.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks