I need help with EDF electricty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello dx100uk, i've been having some trouble with my computer so ive had to use my iphone to link into this site which hasn't been easy :violin:I wonder if you could help me a little more..? I am going to email edf tonight or tomorrow to answer their email to me. EOS are calling and sending me letters to pay up and i'm getting a bit stressed and worried about it all :scared: I've been thinking of sending edf a copy of the back billing doc explaining that I am willing to pay from march to sept as you suggested and in addition to that their bill was calculated incorrectly as the day rate at the time of the billing was less than the bill they have sent (I will send a copy of the domestic prices they sent me at the time). Then I will recalculate the bill and explain exactly how much I will pay them. Does that sound reasonable? :???: Thank you for your time :-) p.s what did you mean by eos fishing?

good idea but just mention your understanding on back billing.

court is a long way off if at all and what can they do

you've moved, they cant cut you off!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

good idea but just mention your understanding on back billing.

court is a long way off if at all and what can they do

you've moved, they cant cut you off!

dx

Thank you very much for replying 😊 Would it be better to just ignore them then? If they took me to court apart from the worst case scenario being that I would have to pay an agreed amount from march, Wouldn't they have to face the fact that the meter had been incorrectly calibrated for however long before me. Therefore, the landlord & the previous tenants would've been incorrectly billed. Or would that not be taken into account? When I spoke to the ombudsman about it when I first sought help, he said that it was down to the other people to question their bill & if they hadn't edf didn't have to take any responsibility & that I would have to pay whatever they asked.😢