Lewis Group for Next Directory

Hayley1210
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have a next directory account to which I am making lower repayments at present,

next are reluctantly agreeing this on a monthly basis.

However, today in the post, they have written saying that they have no signed credit agreement

and have enclosed one for me to sign and return.

My only question really is should I sign this and send back and what are the consequences if I don't??

Thank you for any advice offered,

Hayley

is this a new agreement for the new, lower payments? I suspect it is.

As above - do not sign.

But do not assume that they do not have a copy of the original - you need to submit a CCA request to find that out. Which is exactly what I would do at this point.

Even if they are asking you to sign the original agreement, being legally in default of a CCA request will sharpen their minds and strengthen your position.

There have been several threads about Next and their antics over the last few years. Basically they failed to get people to sign agreements when they opened their accounts and they have then attempted to get people to sign agreements much later when they realise their mistake or the account goes bad.

They tried the same thing with my partner a few years ago even though her account was in order, see this thread started 2007; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?120119-WARNING-quot-Next-Directory-quot-trying-to-pull-a-sly-one&highlight=

I don't think I'd waste the time and money CCA'ing them when they've already stated in writing to you that they do not hold any written agreement, that's their tough sh1t. Just keep that letter safe for future use.

It's now up to you to decide how much you pay them, or whether you pay them anything at all.

Rob

• 4 months later...

Hello,

My accou t was created over the internet a good six or seven years ago.

I ran into payment difficulties last year following the birth of my very poorly baby and was not able to return to work after my maternity leave.

My income was therefore greatly reduced and continues to be.

next would not accept my payments as per an income and exlpenditure form submitted to all my creditors.

I owe £888, increased a lot since last year due to charges/interest etc.

In October, next wrote to me saying they had no signed credit agreement on my file and asked me to sign and return the enclosed one, which I didn't do,

and which prompted a few responses on here.

Since this time, they have continued to refuse payments offered although I have payed £1 a month to the account by standing order.

over last few days I've had mobile calls from Lewis Group and today a lovely letter decorated in red ink stating Final Demand,

I've basically got 7 days in which to pay otherwise legal action will be commenced.

I did write back to next when they admitted not having a cca, but no response was received.

In light of the fact that they don't hold a cca

can I be sued in a court as this would suggest to be the next step by Lewis Group?

I Intend to reply by letter to them tomorrow, but any pointers in the right direction would be greatly received.

Thank you so much.....Hayley

read the letter properly is does not say they WILL

check you cra file

lets see what the real picture is

and how about getting all those PENALTY charges & PPI? back too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...