cap one/ bryan carter solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the bottom of the form there is a number.. N149 or N150 - can you let us know which one please :)

Obviously the form has to be completed and returned by the due date. Once that has been received, the court will be allocated and the next thing you will receive is a court date. All assuming that the claimant wishes to continue... they have to pay a fee for the next step.. as the defendant, you don't..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have alerted andyorch for you. He will be with you as soon as he can :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Sillygirl1234

Here is an example of how to complete the N149 Directions Questionnaire

A

Tick Yes

B

Tick 'No'

C

Tick 'Yes'

D Nil

E

Tick 'No' and ignore the remainder of section E

F

If you are going to be unable to attend a hearing at any time tick 'Yes' and identify those dates in the box adjacent to 'Yourself', otherwise tick 'No'

G

Say 'The Particulars of Claim provided by the Claimant are inadequate in order to fully appreciate the case I have to meet, in particular the agreement relied upon, the date on which it was made, the terms thereof and whether regulated and if so by what statutory provision, the means by which it was terminated, the manner by which the claim is calculated, its alleged assignment and the Claimant's entitlement to interest.* By way of a CPR 31.14 request dated ( ) I asked the Claimant to provide particulars of the claim. A copy of the letter is attached. To this date the Claimant has declined to answer to my letter.

* (If Applicable)

I propose the following to assist the Court to deal with this claim expeditiously :

1 Unless the Claimant files and serves upon the Defendant a fully particularised Particulars of Claim comprising but not limited to particulars of the agreement relied upon, the date on which it was made, the terms thereof and whether regulated and if so by what statutory provision, the means by which it was terminated, the manner by which the claim is calculated, its alleged assignment and the Claimant's entitlement to interest,Should the Claimant fail to disclose and respond I suggest that there will be no case to answer and the claim shall stand struck out and the Defendant shall be at liberty without further order to apply to this court for judgment and for costs on the standard basis to be subject to detailed assessment proceedings if not agreed.

2 In the event of compliance with paragraph 1 of this order this case shall be allocated to the small claims track and there shall be a stay of proceedings until (1 month) to enable the parties to settle using the small claims mediation service'

H

Tick 'No'

I

Sign, date and fill in your address at which you want documents about the case to be delivered.

Produce 3 copies ...Court /Sols/File and submit by the required date.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The AQ is purely for Allocation to enable the court to place the matter to the correct track...its not an extension to your defence....Have you referred to the PPI within your defence?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Then you must continue to defend on that basis unless you wish to raise a counter claim....I personally do not advocate using miss sold PPI as a basis of defence or counter claim....you can only defend against what their particulars site...you can try to use it as a means of mediation/mitigation but their claim is about a debt outstanding no reference to PPI and therefore your defence should be based on defending the claim with justifiable argument.

Regards

Andy .

Ok thanks for that. They have sent me a huge envolope full of all information regarding this debt. It incldes the agreement and also mini versions of all the statements back to the opening of the account.

What should I do next? fill in the AQ or try to negotiate a payment plan?

You must complete the AQ irrespective... i'm not fully aware of all the finer details of your claim sillygirl having only offered guidance with the completion of your AQ.Completion of the AQ will open up the facility to mediate and also test the claimants commitment to proceed.

• 2 months later...

have sent S.O.S. for andyorch for you.

BCOBS

Hi recieved a letter from county court yesterday saying that the district judge rules that "The defence be struck out and the defendent has untill 4 pm (no date ) to submit a defence or the claiment can apply to court for judgement"

Any ideas what I do now?

But you did submit your defence, didn't you. How did you do it - online and did you print off the receipt at the end.

BCOBS

Hi recieved a letter from county court yesterday saying that the district judge rules that "The defence be struck out and the defendent has untill 4 pm (no date ) to submit a defence or the claiment can apply to court for judgement"

Any ideas what I do now?

This is the date I am referring to.

Hi

Have they quoted any CPR reference Practice Direction for the strike out reason?