• Tweets

• Starmer cosying up to right wing outliers and Brexitish (who seem to be just pointing the fingers away from themselves for the failures resulting from what they financed and promoted) to the outrage of huge swathes of the party is a real problem IMO - probably the main thing that could generate vast quantities of 'I'm not voting' among regulars   Looks like hes taking the core for granted and embedding himself in the 'they have nowhere else to go fallacy' - well they may decide the else is redundant and they simply have nowhere to go
    • how did Paula Vennells, an ordained priest, fall so far and so fast from grace? - because she was never in grace - and always just another devil in shepherds clothing   Post Office scandal: how did Paula Vennells, an ordained priest, fall so far and so fast from grace? | Post Office Horizon scandal | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM The former chief executive and archbishop’s confidant appears at the Horizon IT inquiry this week to explain her role in the affair that wrecked the...  
    • I started paying her old council tax as they said they would jail her I managed to get those account details. We then got back together she moved in with me stopped me going to my house. Eventually let me back in I was there 4 days then the police showed up at 1am arrested me for 8 different offences. On the morning I was in custody she rang the letting agent and asked for the house to be changed to her sole name as I was in jail. The house was changed to her name I was made homeless. The bills she did not change to her name left them as occupier the utility companies then said I had to pay as there was lots more usage than an empty property. My solicitor said if I don't pay them I will be reported for it. It has since turned out that in her old property she didn't pay the bills. The electric bill she put in her daughter's name then cancelled the direct debit the council tax she never attempted to pay. Due to one of the accusations I have since been told I need to pay these bills even after getting emails saying I'm not liable for the bills. I have forwarded these on to the police and solicitors and had no reply. Other than you have to pay these bills. I'm also going to end up paying the bills where she lives now as once again they are not being paid. I can't go in to detail about the case as I'm due to be charged next week not sure what with yet but the police have told me I'm going to be charged.  My ex will not tell me nor can tell me about her debts as she doesn't want me to know how much debt she is in or has put her daughter in once she turned 18. I do not want to be paying her debts after what she has done to me.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Buddy system

kc_31
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can someone please explain the buddy system to me.

Thanks.

Nationwide

13/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

01/11/06 - Statements received

02/11/06 - Prelim letter sent

11/11/06 - Standard response to prelim

14/11/06 - LBA sent

17/11/06 - Standard response to LBA

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

06/12/06 - MCOL Acknowledged

07/12/06 - Paid (almost in full)

HSBC

14/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

25/10/06 - Statements received

23/11/06 - LBA sent

31/01/07 - MCOL Issued (finally!!)

07/02/07 - MCOL Acknowledged

Thanks.

So would I only need to put my name on the list when my claim gets to the court stage?

Nationwide

14/11/06 - LBA sent

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

HSBC

23/11/06 - LBA sent

OK thanks.

Nationwide

14/11/06 - LBA sent

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

HSBC

23/11/06 - LBA sent

FWIW I would recommend that you put your name on there if you think you might want support or can give support straight away.

You may find someone down the road having the same kind of fun you are in need of some moral support.

It may help you both to get over any little hiccoughs you come across.

HTH

Glenn

• Confused 1

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

What does FWIW mean??

Nationwide

14/11/06 - LBA sent

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

HSBC

23/11/06 - LBA sent

For What Its Worth

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

I tried signing up to the buddy system and kept getting the emails to myself LOL Anyone want to hazard a guess at what I was doing wrong?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

The highly automated system recognised you have no buddies, that people are so scared of you that they'll enter any postcode that is nowhere near Hertfordshire so that you effectively can only have yourself as a buddy. :razz:

Wot? Seems logical enough to me!!! :-D

Lula

I think BW is right, I live in Herts and I have a sneaky suspicion I live not too far from you from what Ive seen you post. I specifically haven't registered as a buddy just in case you wanted some help!!!

Only joking of course. :-)

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA