Regular Account?

dominic7il
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had some financial issues over the past few years which has led me to have a pretty abysmal credit file - I've got two defaults on my record along with multiple late payments. On the good side of things I'm not in debt anymore and my credit file reflects the fact I have numerous satisfied accounts.

The trouble is when I decided to sort my finances out one aspect of that was closing down all my old bank accounts and starting afresh. Unfortunately because of the state of my credit file my bank (NatWest) would not give me a full current account so I'm stuck with their basic account. I'm not happy about this to say the least because I'm having to pay out £10/month for one of their 'Select Silver' accounts in order to be able to withdraw money from a non NatWest cash machine.

Has anyone had any experience appealing such decisions? I mean it's not too much to ask is it - I have been banking with them for over eight years and I do have a very comfortable salary being paid in every month.

I've tried talking with them, I've tried writing to them but they just give me the same old scripted response... They won't even advise me on how I might get a full account in the future.

Hi,

Don't think there's a great deal you can do at the moment but over a period of time trying to rebuild your credit rating would go in your favour towards getting a full current account.

There are some basic checks you can make to improve your rating:

Check all your debts are registered to your correct name and current address, register on the electoral roll at your current address, don't make too many applications for credit.

Apply for credit you are likely to get and make sure you keep on top of the payments, close any accounts you no longer use.

The sort of things that would go in your favour on your report would be, a fixed land phone lines rather than mobiles, long-term employment history, long-term living in one place, ideally owned rather than rented.

It takes some time for your new credit history to gain momentum, but it will help prove to lenders that you are reliable and credit worthy.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert