Hi i am new here and in need of help regarding EOS/curvissa

alex1066
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a catalogue account last year, my last item was purchasd and paid for in July. They then added interest to a balance of nil which i then complained about, they apologised and closed my account as requested by myself. I have an email from the company to prove this, also I have a bank statement clearly showing my last payments made to them.

I then started getting letters saying I owe them £75 plus £12 late payment fee. So I wrote to them with copies of bank statement and email to prove my account was closed and that I owed nothing.

Many letters and emails later with them completely ignoring my request for an explanation I get a letter from EOS debt collectors threatening me to cough up or else. Oh and they are now demading £149

I am getting sick and tired of trying to explain myself to complete inept morons who refuse to accept the fault is with them.

My account is still live as they have failed to actually close it and according to my account the last order I made was in May 2012, when in fact it was july. 2012. My point being they do not actually know what they are doing as no one has corrected my account.

Any advice would be appreciated as what to do next.

Do I ignore them?

Do I reply and continue going grey with worry trying to explain the situation?

Thanks

Alex :!:

Curvissa is a trading name of Freemans.com, and I can't find any mention of a complaints procedure??

Ignore the DCA, unless you want to get into a protracted game of letter tennis?

Deal direct with the catalogue, IN WRITING,

Curvissa, PO Box 1759, Sheffield, S96 5YB
that is the address for their customer services.

Also check your credit files and see if they have added any default on it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

There seems to be a fair few businesses operating from that PO box too.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi, I have written to the catalogue company 3 times, sent numerous emails, but they just ignore my questions and the fact I have proof that I owe nothing and the fact that I have an email stating my account was closed.

They just refuse to acknowledge anything.

Today I received another letter from EOS giving me 7 days to pay up or they will start court proceedings or the other options are a visit from a debt collector or they will pass on my ficticious debt onto someone else.

I feel like I am going mad and getting nowhere

OK nothing to get worried about here, it will all come out in the wash as they say.

Ok, the empty threats from EOS are just that, more psychological than actual, their threats are hot air, however keep the letters file them away and mark them envelope with the date you received them.

Have you checked your credit file yet? Is there anything on their?

Their idle threat of a doorstep collector is hilarious, no-one has any right to turn up on your property and demand money off you, next doors cat has more legal rights than an unqualified uneducated doorstep collector working for commission on behalf of an even less powerless DCA.

If a random stranger does turn up on your property just tell them to leave before you call the police and have them removed.

Who did you address these letters too?

Try sending one final letter addressed to the Customer services manager, head the letter with "LETTER BEFORE ACTION" giving them a definitive timescale in which you want them to sort this matter out, should they fail to do so you will seek further advice with a view of taking legal action against them, and reporting them to the OFT & TS.

You need to check your credit file and see if they have marked your files, if they have then you can sue them for defamation which earns you a nice four figure sum.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Also, only threaten legal action if you are prepared to see it to the end. If you dont intend following it through, you are making it harder for others who want to take legal action.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi, thank you so much for the replies, the cheeky buggers have added it to my credit file with experian. What do i do now then? How do i go about suing them?

I wrote to an address in sheffield 1 amberley strret, that the address curvissa told me to write to. I never get anything back from them other than threats and demands. This really is making me quite ill with my nerves.

what exactly do I write to them, wording etc? do i let them know I intend to sue them for defamation or do i apply straight to the courts. :(

So theyve added on a default that is made purely of charges on an account that had already been closed, that had a balance of nil when it was closed?

Is it actually a default on your file, or late payment markers? Can you copy the full entry minus personal info (ref numbers etc) so we can see exactly what was entered and then go about contesting it.

I am unable to do that as I have no way of hiding my information. They are basically saying I have defaulted a payment of £149. But EOS are demading £164 now as they keep adding to it.

This is what is peeing me off as I have written to curvissa for an explanation but they chose to ignore my questions and just replied 'your account is in serious default' even when I sent copies of the email that said account closed. It's incredibly frustrating. So basically they have ignored me completey and ruined my credit score which was very good. It now says very poor due to this one thing.

And to top my day off not one of the 3 solicitors i have rang today can be bothered to return a call. AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH :-x

this is the explanation under the default entry -

4,5 or 6 payments late. 8 indicates that you have failed to keep your credit agreement and have not responded satisfactorily to requests to put your account in order. As a result the credit agreement has end

Thats a joke as it is they who have not responded to MY requests

Try not to get too angry.

You should get onto your local Trading Standards

What is the name by the side of the default marker? Curvissa or EOS?

Try sending one final letter addressed to the Customer services manager, head the letter with "letter before actionlink3.gif" giving them a definitive timescale in which you want them to sort this matter out, should they fail to do so you will seek further advice with a view of taking legal action against them, and reporting them to the OFT & TS.