Lowells/BW Legal Stat Demand

marchstvn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys , i received a stat demand from BW Legal on behalf of lowells i replied with the template CCA letter .

they received the letter on the 29th November 2012 , and i am still waiting for a reply .

I called BW legal to ask them what was going on , at first they denied receiving anything until i told them it was signed for and tracked , and then magically i was told oh yes we have it . they then told me i just have to wait for lowells to contact the creditors and get the details and that was it .

so since it has been quite some time now , what do i do next ?

thanks

hi , i spoke to BW Legal over the phone when i received the demand in november as i didn't even know what it was , they said they were putting it on hold as i disputed it and sent the cca .

i also called the cardiff county court as thats the court they used , and cardiff then told me they know nothing about it and they don't deal with stat demands ??

The Cardiff Civil Justice Centre do handle bankruptcies / insolvencies - http://hmctscourtfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/Search.do;jsessionid=E37E9446BC12C7BE0B9CAC2A9DEE7AC3

Address

2 Park Street

Cardiff South Wales

Wales

CF10 1ET

These are the types of cases they handle

Adoption Civil District Registry Divorce Mercantile Bankruptcy Administrative Court Appeal Centre Technology and Construction Race Relations Care Centre Family Hearing Centre Chancery

They won't have any record of the demand as it only goes to court if you defend it OR if they proceed to petition stage (and you ignore it)....as it is, it seems they have withdrawn any further action for the time being...If it was me in your situation I would be sending off a SAR to the ORIGINAL creditor....and if you must speak to debt collection agnecies or their representatives then you MUST record the call as they will deny they ever spoke to you....

Keep a record of the CCA request and the recorded delivery slip...the other thing you may have done by ringing them is restarted the statute barred clock to 6 years from when you last acknowledged the debt (which may be when you spoke to them on the phone)

i have never paid them anything , i've not even admitted to knowing about them , as there is some confusion over who's they are , as they came about after a break up . they have never even had a correct address for me , the first i heard from lowells was the stat demand when it was dropped through the letterbox by hand .

i only have 1 credit card and i have no need for finance , so i thought everything was fine , but i checked my credit file and they have been reporting defaults on it right up until 22/01/2013

Edited by marchstvn