Changing working contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all and I welcome any advice please

I applied for a job back in September last year. I passed the phone interview and a week later went for the personal interview and got the job. I knew there was some weekend work involved but I am a single parent and my children went to their dads every other weekend so I could work every other Saturday.

After a month of working there (and knowing my personal circumstances) they put me down to work Sundays and late evenings.I have twins aged 9 and and a 15 year old boy.

I told them that these shifts were no good to me and I would have to look for another job. The main manager and another lower manager had a meeting with me about the hours I could work and they agreed that I was a really good worker and they did not want to loose me and they would trial my hours for 3 months and if all worked out then that would be ok. Nothing was signed only verbal.

The 20 hours that I could work are 10-5 Monday to Friday and every other Saturday 9-6. This has been working fine for 4 months. My boss said to me today that come the summer I would have to work late evenings and Sundays. This is worrying me because although I have a 15 year old they bicker and I do not like the idea of kids looking after kids. I have a childminder that works until 530 during the week nut does not work at all at the weekends.

Any advice I would be grateful for

Kindest regards

Do you have a written contract?

You don't have the right to apply formally for flexible working until you have been there for 26 weeks. But if they are changing your contract without justification, it could be indirect sex discrimination.

I'm not convinced I would let a 15 year old look after a 9 year old either, for what it's worth. I also have twins and they would be a handful when put together with limited supervision, lol.